Thirty-Six.

𝕽𝖆𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝕽𝖎𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖘

𝕽𝖆𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝕽𝖎𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖘

Lately things have been really bleak, Nureila has been grieving going on two weeks now. She hasn't really been making decisions when it comes to her mother's funeral. Her family member's have been over since they heard the news, making sure she's okay.

I was currently sitting on the steps inside the house, watching the Nureila's family go back and forth preparing breakfast. 

I couldn't help but feel like this was my fault. Fuck, it was my fault.

If I had never came into Nureila's life we wouldn't be in this predicament now. I ran my hand over my face and sighed. Shit was fucked up forreal. 

Mrs. April moved over towards me and placed her hand on my shoulder and it took me out of my thoughts. "What you over here thinking about, sweetheart?"

"Just how fucked up this situation is. I hate that she's going through all of this. I don't know what else I can do other than be there for her." Mrs. April patted my shoulder and gave me a genuine smile.

"That's all you can do right now, Rashan. Just make her feel loved and safe. Be a shoulder to cry on for my grandbaby. You don't think I'm not hurting? I just lost my child. She left before I could. A parent should never have to bury their child. I just pray God that whoever did this to Nevaeh gets what's coming to them." She squeezed my shoulder then walked into the kitchen to help with breakfast.

I stood up and walked up the stairs to Nureila's room. I knocked on the door and slightly pushed it open. "Knock, knock."

She opened her eyes and they appeared lifeless, they were puffy and red. She sniffled and stared at me. The silence between us was thick.

I moved over to her and sat on the bed, placing my hand on the cover that was over her body. I turned my head slightly once I felt her eyes on me. 

"Do you know who killed my mother, Rashan?" Her voice was hoarse and a tear fell down her cheek.

"Nah, I don't but imma find out." I semi- lied. I wasn't for sure that Kwan killed her but who else could it have been?

She nodded and pulled the cover over her exposed shoulder. "Nah we not doing this sad shit today, get up. Your family is downstairs cooking breakfast." I pulled the cover from over her.

"Rashan, I don't feel like getting up." Nureila tried pulling the cover back over her but I snatched it. "Shan stop."

"Nah you stop, you finna get ya ass up and go downstairs. I hate seeing you like this. Getting out of this bed will do you some good." Nureila nodded and got up and I licked my finger so I could wipe the sleep off her eyes.