Twenty-Eight.

𝕽𝖆𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝕽𝖎𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖘

𝕽𝖆𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝕽𝖎𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖘

The light flickered above me while I sat in the interrogation room and I drummed my fingers on the table I was sitting at. The police had cuffed me to the table so there was no point in running.

I know Jamari set me up, I just know it. It couldn't have been Kwan because the time frame wouldn't add up. I rubbed my hands over my hair and sighed.

"They really tryna lock me up for this shit," I said to myself. I raised my eyes when the doors opened and a woman came in with a folder in her hand. She sat across from me and pushed the folder towards me.

"Look Rashan, we know you're a loyal citizen to this town but the evidence shows that you killed Khalia." I leaned forward in my seat.

"Really? Well, based on this letter this isn't her handwriting nor is it mine but I see you already figured that out." I opened the folder and spread the evidence over the table.

"Hand me a pen." The woman detective handed me a pen and I began to circle certain parts of the letter then I copied the note with my handwriting on a separate piece of paper. Once I finished I slid it to her. She took out a recording device and placed it on the table before I spoke.

"First, me? Beating on women? Come on now, my mother taught me better than that and I know you all knew that. She did work for you guys after all. Second, do you even know Khalia and how she acts? This doesn't even sound like her. You don't even know the whole story."

"Then why don't you tell me?"

"Gladly, my brother Jamari was dating my current girlfriend Nureila. He was cheating on her with Khalia. See, my theory is that Khalia wanted more but Jamari wouldn't give it to her. Push came to shove and knowing Jamari's anger problems, he took it out on her. Khalia probably tried her best to keep whatever was going on a secret, however, Nureila told me Khalia had bruises on her face at school and the way that Jamari acted around Khalia was strange."

"Call me crazy but I bet Jamari did his best to shush her. Jamari was jealous of me and Nureila so he tried his best to break us up, like having Khalia kiss me and try to break us up. Look, I'm not going down for some shit I did so just call in Nureila and Jamari. I already know he's going to act all heartbroken. Have them all mimic how the note is written as I did."

"As for now, get the fuck out of my face and call my lawyer. I'm not even a detective and I'm doing a better job than you."