BIRTHDAY {AU} ~GALLY!

Start from the beginning

They had somehow decorated the living room with balloons and placed a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" banner in the middle of the room. They had placed food on the coffee table along with the drinks. I don't know how, but I somehow managed to enjoy the party. But the desire to continue the book where I left off grew once again. I somehow managed to sneak into my room, but apparently Teresa knew better. As soon as I slipped into my room she shouted, "CAKE TIME" I groaned internally. That girl.

I plastered a smile on my face and went in front of everyone. Teresa brought the cake in front of me. "Make a wish." I wished and blew the candles. My friends chanted, 'happy birthday' as I cut the cake. After the cake and dinner, Teresa shouted, "C'mon y/n open the presents!" With that said, everyone started chanting my name. In the end, I gave in and opened the presents.

The gifts were awesome! Minho had bought me a pair of branded running shoes. Sonya and Harriet made me a beautiful painting for the house. Aris and Brenda bought me headset while Newt got me a watch. Frypan made me my f/f  (favorite food). Now only Teresa, Thomas and Gally were left. But I already knew Thomas and Teresa were going to give me a joint present.

Teresa stood up and walked over so she was standing in front of all of us and cleared her throat to get our attention. Once she was sure everyone was listening, she opened a bag, revealing a.... dress. I had to admit the dress was gorgeous, but I was confused, as why out of all people Teresa was the one to bring me something like this.

"Before you say something, I know you're confused as why I brought you this, even though you hate wearing them. So, Tom?" She gestured to Thomas who nodded and knelt down on one knee in front of me. I was beyond confused to see this happening in front of me. He took out a ring and said,

"y/n. You are an amazing person and an awesome friend. You, of all people know how much Teresa means to me. I love her so much. So, y/n, would you like to be the bridesmaid in our wedding?" As he said this, my eyes widened and the biggest smile appeared on my face. I looked at Teresa, who was pointing at an engagement ring onher finger with her smile matching mine. I just nodded furiously as Thomas put the ring in my finger. I jumped into Teresa's arms and squeezed her tight, she hugged me back and we stayed in each other's embrace for a long time, before we broke the hug.

"Oh my god! I'm so happy for you guys!" I exclaimed with tears in my eyes. Teresa hugged me once again before letting go and saying, "Come on now. It's time for Gally's gift." She gave me a knowing smirk and everyone turned to leave. I just there stood there and waited for them to leave and turned to Gally. "So, umm" I awkwardly started. He smiled and pulled me into a hug. His hugs were soft and filled warmth in me.

"Happy birthday y/n"

 He mumbled into my hair. I smiled and snuggled deeper into him. After some time, he let go and I craved for his touch once again. He took my small hand in his and asked me to follow him. He led me into my room and shifted my desk, to reveal a trap door. What is that? I thought to myself as he led me through the trap door. "You're not gonna murder me are you?" I joked, and he just chuckled in response. The room was quite small and dark. I couldn't make out anything. Gally seemed to be searching for something. After some time he said, "Found it!" and the lights went on. 

I looked around me and realized that this room had small bookshelves, filled with my favorite books, while some consisted of the ones, I'd never read, but wanted to. It had fairy lights glowing the place and a small panel which I reckoned was air conditioner/heater. It had bean bags to sit on and it was absolutely breath taking. I looked upwards to be met with motivational posters and photos of me, my family and friends and looked back at Gally, but it was as if, words were stuck in my throat.

"Did you do this for me?" I managed to breath out.

"Well yeah. I wanted to do something special for you II knew how much you love books, so I made this for you." I knew Gally liked to build stuff, but I never thought he'd be so creative.

"Thank you Gally. It means a lot to me, really." He smiled in response and said, "I have one more present actually." He took out a rectangular box from his jean pocket and opened it to reveal a beautiful necklace. It had tiny pearls on it and it opened to reveal a photo of my grandparents. They had died a long time ago in a car accident, but they meant the world to me and it was horrible to go through that pain. My eyes once again filled with tears, as I looked up at Gally, 

"Gally. I-" I stammered. I couldn't even form a simple sentence. 

"Wh-what? Do you not like it? I mean, we can exchange if you want." He nervously blabbered.

"Gally!" I took his hands in mine and he stopped speaking and looked at me. "It's beautiful. But, I can't accept it. It's too expensive." He looked  into my eyes and smiled,

"It's yours. Okay? It doesn't matter how much it cost me. I bought it for you and everything is worth it, if it can make you smile." I blushed and looked down at the necklace.

"I love it." I told him. And as though, suddenly, I got a new rush of courage rushing through my veins, I asked, "You know what else I love? You." I didn't wait for an answer and I connected my lips to his. I expected him to push me away, but to my surprise, he deepened the kiss and pulled me closer to him. I pulled away and looked into his eyes. "I love you Gally" He smiled for like an umpteenth and said,

"I love you too y/n"

"But, I still can't accept it."

"Tell you what? Let's make a deal. You'll accept this necklace, and let me take you out on a date. Do we have a deal?" I tried to hide the blush forming around my neck, but failed horribly.

"I'd love that." With that, I pulled him into another kiss, but we were interrupted by cheers and hollers, I looked up and saw everyone standing there. Teresa smirked at me and shouted, "Bout, time you shank!" 

Let's just say, she's not wrong.