Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen: In Action

Sofia

"We're gonna need you to put this in your ear."

After I agreed to work with them and this Agent Thompson, whom I'm yet to meet, they filled me in with tonight's plan and brought in a makeup artist, because, according to them, my original makeup wasn't much. I found it rude at first, but I really didn't care when I saw the results.

As for the plan, I simply needed to catch his eye when I go into the party and introduce myself to Leonardo, making a good impression and hopefully, soon enough, he'll trust me enough to confess anything to me.

Because I don't know how I'm going to be able to retain myself from hurting my sister's killer as soon as I see him, they're putting a earpiece in my ear so that they can communicate with me every step of the way. If something backfires, they'll be parked right behind the building so we can make an escape, but hopefully nothing goes wrong.

"It feels a little weird." I say feeling the earpiece that's already placed deep inside so it won't be noticeable. "Are you sure it's supposed to feel like this?" I ask looking over to them. "Yes, we're sure. You'll get used to it." Thing two says rolling his eyes. I feel like he doesn't like me much. "Okay." I breathe out trying to be professional about this.

"Now, we'll be able to hear everything once you're inside but you're going to have to make sure to go somewhere more private to speak to us, otherwise, it's going to look like you're talking to yourself." Thing One explains.

"Okay, I think I'm ready." I say, determination clear in my tone and they look at each other before nodding in agreement.

* * * *
"I'm inside." I inform them through the small microphone placed on my dress.
There are silver streamers and silver balloons everywhere. The party is well decorated with most silver decorations, but the colorful food tables brings the whole thing to life.

"Hey. You new here?" A random guy comes up to me, he looks about 5'7 and around his thirties with a full grown out mustache. "Yeah, I was hired earlier today I say." Matter-of- factly giving him an awkward smile.

"Focus." Buzzes into my ear.

"I have to go." I say politely before walking away and then I see him.. Leonardo is attached to his wife's arm by the mini bar. I notice his eyes move towards me in pure interest and I try not to show the genuine hatred I feel towards him, instead I smile at him over my shoulder and walk over to the table covered with food, my back to the party. "I found him." I say hoping the Agents heard that.

"Ok, we need you to go over to him and make a good impression." Thing One says and I turn around only to find Leonardo a few steps away from me. "Well hello there gorgeous." He smirks. How disgusting. "Hey." I smile flirtatiously.

"I assume you know this party is for employees only and I've never seen you around here.. I would've noticed." He says looking me over, which makes me uncomfortable, but I brush it off. "Hired this morning." I smile up at him. "Oh, are you Stephanie? I heard you were coming in. They just finished cleaning out your office earlier." He says closing the space between us and I try my hardest not to show my real feelings in my facial expression.

"I see you've met Stephanie Ortega, babe." His wife comes over and grabs ahold of his arm, dragging him rather harshly closer to her.
"I have." He smirks his eyes landing on my breast. He really has no shame. How can he hurt his wife like that? I know she sees him when she nudges him on the shoulder in an attempt to make him leave.

"It was great meeting you gorgeous." He winks before walking away with his wife. "Got all that?" I turn around to say so nobody sees me.
"Absolutely. I think you made a better first impression than we hoped. If he feels something for you, you can use this as an advantage." Thing Two says. "Okay, but what if he tries something?" I ask pretending to look over the food. "You do whatever it takes to make him feel comfortable around you." He says nonchalantly.