Chapter Six

Chapter Six: Arrested

Sofia

She was pregnant.. I was crying again. I don't know when the crying started but telling from the sobs coming from both Cass and I, I believe it's been a while.

"I can't believe we were going to become aunties.." Cass said, though her voice cracked. "What if her killer murdered both her and her baby that night." I cried, rage building up inside me. I don't feel sadness anymore all I feel is anger and hatred towards the killer. Whoever did this to her, not only killed her, but her baby too! I hope he's under the police's custody right now being sentenced for the rest of his miserable life.

"Let's not be pessimistic about this. I mean if she was pregnant when she died someone would've told us by now. They have forensic medical examiners and they examine the corpses, so there is no way they could've missed something like this." She explains, but I think she was saying it out loud so she can believe it herself.

"It's just that so much is not adding up here." I stressed walking back and forth in Angie's room. "Let's just keep reading, yeah?" She asked still holding the book in her hands and I nodded slowly.

Friday Feb/28
Dear Diary,
It's Friday today, which means I can finally go out with Sofi's permission. She only lets me out of weekends so I can "focus on school" , but I usually skip school to see Leo anyway. Though.. I prefer going out with Sofia's permission, it's much better going without the guilt of letting Sofia down. I don't show it, but yes.. I do care about what she thinks of me. Leo convinces me to skip school all the time he says I can just catch up on anything after school, which is why Sofia thinks I get soo much homework when in reality my school rarely gives out homework. I remember the day that Sofia was ready to call the school to complain about how much homework they leave, but luckily for me I'm a great manipulator.

"Do you think she went to see Leonardo the day I got the call?" I asked Cassie nervously. "I-I'm not sure. Other things could've happened that day." Cassie said before she continued to read.

Today is the day I'm going to tell Leo that he's going to be a father! I can't stop rubbing my stomach. I'm just so happy about this baby. Most people would be so scared to be 16 and pregnant, but I know I would have the support of Sofia and Cassie and mostly.. my Leo. Life is short anyway, we should enjoy it the best we can TODAY instead of planning fun for the future I always say.

Water was spread all over this next paragraph, which made it a lot harder to read. I hope they're tears of joy because I would've been there for her no matter what. Cassie and I both loved her with our entire hearts and she had more people in this world who love her with all they have, we would've been there for her.

I wonder how Cassie's parents are doing?

I lost the baby. I should've been more gentle while telling him the news. He wasn't too happy about it. Especially on the part where I told him that because of our child, we could both go talk to his wife so she could understand why he needs to leave her. He became so violent all of a sudden. And he kept grabbing me harshly and with a strong grip, pushing me against the walls and then telling me things that absolutely broke me. I should've seen this coming. How could I've been so stupid? "You will not do anything. You will not tell my wife any of this she doesn't need to know about us. Why can't you understand you little bitch?" And "This is the last time we see of each other. I suddenly grew tired of you." "Leave! We're done here." It's all my fault. I should've never tried to convince him to do things he doesn't want to do. Because of me, I lost my child.

"How could he say such things? Do such a thing? She made it seem like both of them were madly in love and now I realize he was just manipulating her so he could take advantage of her." I yell, my words laced with so much venom that I knew Cassie could tell that I had all this rage slowly building up inside of me.