Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven: Too Soon

Sofia

A few hours later

I unlock the front door of my house and close it behind me. I search the empty wall with my hand until I finally feel the light switch and flip the switch up to turn on the lights. "How was it?" Cassie asks, coming into view and scaring the living hell out of me. She was standing only a few inches away from me. "What the hell are you doing here? And in complete darkness?" I ask, horrified.

She shrugs. "Well.. I wanted to scare you, but then I changed my mind last minute." She says walking towards the couch. "Sit." She continues as she pats the spot beside her on the couch.

I bite my tongue to keep myself from responding with any sarcastic remark and instead take a seat beside her. "What's up?" I ask looking up at her. "How was dinner?" She asks starting the conversation. "It was.." I begin, searching for the right word. "Fun." I smile. "It's great to know you're coming to terms with what happened with Angie. I know it's hard and we'll never forget about her, but she got justice. I like seeing you smile again." She says letting out a breath of relieve. "I'm glad that this is over" .. or so she thinks.

She didn't actually get justice and I won't stop until she does. Cassie doesn't know that Leonardo is the one who's guilty of what happened to her.. I heard him confess.

I don't want Cassie to go back to suffering, so for now, I'll keep her in the dark until I make Leonardo completely pay for his crimes.

"Yeah." I give her a half smile.

"Did you see Calvin?" She asks curious.

"Umm.. actually.. I more than saw him." I respond trying to build up suspense.

"Oh my god.. you did not." She gasps.

"Did you actually sleep with him?!" She exclaims and my eyes widen at her question.

"What the- No! I had dinner with him." I clarify giving her a stern look.

"Oh- wait what?" She asks confused.

"I meant that I saw more than Calvin because I also saw his grandmother. So Calvin actually turned out to be Jessica's grandson. He's actually a pretty nice guy. I'm sure all three of us had fun tonight. It was nice to go out." I tell her, remembering how happy they both seemed. They're a beautiful family.

"No!" Cassie yells as if not completely believing me. "Yes!" I yell back in the same tone she gave and laugh.

"That was.. unexpected.. It's a small world." She blinks, processing everything. I laugh at her face expression. "You have to come to dinner with us next time. I missed you." I say, feeling guilty again for going to a restaurant she wanted to go to and she hugs me. "I missed you too." She says pulling out of the hug.

"So.. were there any butterflies during dinner?" She smirks. "Nope. There was a little puppy in this lady's purse though." I respond trying to avoid the conversation in which she tries to make me confess my secret "feelings" for someone. I get I haven't really dated anyone, but why does that matter?

"Stoop." She says trying not to laugh and hitting me in my shoulder. "I meant did you feel anything for Calvin?" She clarifies.

"No.. it was just dinner with Jessica and her grandson that's it. There was no romance. Although  I would catch him staring from time to time." I shrug and her eyes widen. "Girl. You have to be blind. Do you not remember how he looked at you at that ice cream shop?" She asks.

"With his eyes?" I joke and she glares at me. "You act as if falling for someone is the worst possible thing to do." She says.

It's not the worst thing, but I just don't have time for building romance right now. I don't see myself with anyone at this time. I don't think I'd be stable enough to start a relationship with someone after losing Ange.

Besides, I have some plotting to do in order to get justice for my sister before I get the motivation for anything, especially love.

"What? Is he ugly to you or something?" She asks searching my face for any answers.

"Noo! He's actually really attractive, but I'm just not looking for a relationship right now." I say fidgeting with the heart- shaped locket around my neck. It was a gift from Angie. She gave it to me last year for my birthday and it has a picture inside of it. It's a picture of the both of us in the park hugging under a tree. I wear it everyday now, it makes me feel as if Angie were closer to me..

I really miss her. It's just so hard to believe that someone could be here one day and the next day they could be gone. I hate that I didn't have a chance to say goodbye or give her one last hug. I try to visit her everyday at the graveyard and tell her all about my day.. if only she were here.

"Sofia?" Cassie says putting her hand on my shoulder and tilting her head to the side a little, to look at my face.

I hadn't realized how my whole face dropped and my eyes were threatening to spill tears. I don't mean to cry, but every time I think of her and how she's not here or how she's in that casket buried underground, her body slowly decaying, I break down, I feel this horrible pain in my chest.

"It's going to be okay. I know losing someone is hard, so if you need to talk about it, I'm right here." She says pulling me closer to her and into a hug. That's exactly what I needed right now. To let it all out and a hug, to know someone was here for me. "Thank you." I say, as I choke down a sob.

We stay like this for a while, my head on her shoulder as I cried and her arms wrapped around me as comfort until I felt completely at ease and end up slowly drifting off to sleep on this couch with her.

* * * * *

I begin opening my eyes slowly and notice a small cover has been placed over me, but there's no sign of Cassie.

I sit up and search the room for her and my groggy eyes land on the the center table in front of me. There's a sticky note attached to a small glass of water with ice.

"Sorry I had to leave. My boss called and I had to go, but I left some lasagna in the oven for you. Feel better. :/ "

Like me, Cassie works in an office. Only.. her job is way more important than mine. She works for the most successful magazine company in the state and I think she's on her way to becoming CEO. I'm happy for her.

I stand up and head to the bathroom. I needed to become more alert, I was still a little sleepy from the nap. It was the most decent sleep I've had in a long time. I splashed my face with water and dried it, only to end up face to face with my reflection in the mirror. I look so tired, the dark bags under my eyes were not helping.

I need to my rekindle my appearance if I'm going to go through with my plan. I'm going to apply for a job in Leonardo's office, gain his trust, become his right hand man and then take his company away from him. I want everything he loves to be taken away from him by someone who would least expect it from. I just hope Angela never showed him a picture of me..

* * * * *
Have you ever lost someone?

If so, I hope you get through it. Thank you guys for reading this chapter.

Lots of love :)

~ Author