Chapter Three

Chapter Three: Gone, Completely Gone

Sofia

"She was murdered." Tears were falling faster down my cheeks and I couldn't hold in the sound of my grasping for air, the sound of my pain. Why would anybody do this to her? Who would have that much hatred towards her to kill her?

I was crying so loudly and probably looked like a lunatic but I don't care how mental I may look right now. I want my sister. "The autopsy report was sent to my office this morning. She was beaten and then shot through the head. Crime of passion maybe? Do you know of anyone who might have wanted to hurt Angela? Seems like whoever did this might have known her personally." Officer Carrington continued, trying to do his job, but how can this man be so inconsiderate of one's feelings?

He couldn't have given me at least one day to process everything? It feels like more and more is just piling up. I haven't even had a chance to call my best friend.

"My sister might've seemed tough on the outside, but she was hurting. She wouldn't even think to hurt anyone else and I can't think of anyone who would want to hurt her either!" I yelled, tears falling down as I violently swiped them away one by one as they kept coming, trying to be strong. I can't let myself become some depressed person because of this. I need to be strong.. for Angie.

I need to avenge my sister. Whoever did this to her needs to fucking pay. I will do whatever it takes to make them pay for what they've done to her. She didn't deserve this. Why do I feel so helpless right now, so empty?

"Miss Rodriguez, I know this may be a difficult time for you, but I need you to think. Try and figure out who might've have done this to her so we can do our job. If you recall anything.. anything at all. Don't hesitate in calling the station." He said dismissing himself politely. He probably caught on to the fact that I don't want to talk to anyone right now and I appreciated that.

The police rarely ever made full on its word and I don't plan on giving up without getting my sister the justice she deserved. I can only imagine how many people are still out there without having their loved one's killer locked up serving the years they deserved. It pained me to even think of anything right now because all my thoughts eventually led back to Angie. I miss her. How am I supposed to go back home without falling apart, without seeing her around?

Just as I was siting up one of the nurses entered my room. She was really thin with long blonde hair and looked really delicate. I think her name was Doctor Leslie or Doctor Laura, but I can barley see her badge through my tear-filled eyes. "Hello. How are we doing this morning?" She asked her voice coming out a little deeper than I was expecting it to come out.

"I'm- well.. it's going." I responded. I don't want to sound like I need anyone's sympathy because I don't. I've always been a strong and independent person but right now.. I don't feel anything like either of those things.

She chuckled. "Well, the good news is that you'll be able to return home by the end of the day. It was nothing major. You just passed out from some type of trauma you might've experienced. I recommend you try and get some rest and try to occupy your mind with other things. Meditation is the most useful to most of our patients." She smiled most likely not knowing the "trauma" that brought me here in the first place.

"I'll try. Thanks." I said trying to return the smile but mine wasn't even half as wide as hers.

* * * * *

As I'm entering Angie's room, I feel my heart sink at the memories in here. Everything seems so unreal.

I close the door lightly behind me and sit on the floor in front of her bed. She and I used to sit on this same spot the summer before school started and stay here all night talking. Talking about how we think this school year will go, talking about our favorite things, and talking about our plans in the future.