Chapter Thirty One

For the journey back to Galar, y/n wasn't left alone. Ninetales could see how much it bothered her but neither one mentioned it. If she went to the public girl toilets, Marnie was with her but everywhere else, Raihan, Leon or Hop were with her. She figured that it was to stop her disappearing again but it was bugging her. She was glad that at least Ninetales was accompanying her through it.

Though, the second she got out the airport, she was swarmed with reporters and fans.

"Champion y/n! Why did you leave?"
"What brings you back now?"
"Is everything between you and Raihan alright?"
"What is this about planning to lose to Leon?"

Even more questions were rushed at her where it was becoming overwhelming. Y/n looked at Ninetales, sending a silent command. The fire type outstretched it's tails as psychic forced everyone back. Y/n sighed as she rubbed her temples. Ninetales released psychic as everyone stayed where the fire type put them.

"It is none of your business to why I left or what I do. My choices are my own and so are my reasons. I will answer when I'm ready but otherwise, don't bother," she stated.
"Nine!" Ninetales agreed.

Both of them walked to the nearest train station. Y/n was aware of Marnie, Hop, Raihan and Leon, trailing behind. She knew Ninetales heard what they were talking about, especially to know it's about her since the fire type pinned her ears slightly.

"Return girl. I don't want you hearing these negatives anymore then you have," y/n whispered.

Ninetales disappeared to her pokeball as y/n placed it in her pocket. It was in the other pocket so Umbreon's pokeball didn't knock it. Her other Pokemon team pokeballs, rested in her bag except Lugia having hers as a necklace. She started to become aware of Raihan's eyes on her as her muscles tensed before relaxing. She continued to walk ahead as her pent up feelings to Raihan, wanted him more then ever. She could tell from reuniting that he was also holding back and still is. She smiled to herself at that, slightly turning her head and winking at Raihan. When she focused ahead of her, she didn't see Raihan's reaction. He had rolled his eyes, smiling but clenching his jaw slightly.

"Fuck it," he cursed under his breath.

He approached y/n quickly, bringing her closer and then connecting their lips. Hop rolled his eyes since he could sense the sexual tension building whilst Leon decided to interrupt it.

"You can do this later. We aren't even in an area that you'll have some privacy," Leon sheepishly stated.
"Oh shut it Lee. Not like you haven't done it before," Raihan rolled his eyes.
"Wait what?!" Hop exclaimed in pure shock.

Y/n raised a brow but decided to get away from this revelation. She called out Zacian as Hop got the idea. He called out Zamazenta and got on.

"Race you to Hammerlocke," she told him.
"We'll get there first!" Hop grinned.

Both legendaries took off running but Zacian was obviously faster. They could even hear a Raihan and Leon arguing about the previous comment which only made her laugh. She had missed the little things like this. Both legendaries came to a stop whilst y/n and Hop got off of them.

"Zacian wins," y/n smirked.
"Yeah yeah yeah," Hop waved her off laughing.

Both legendaries were returned whilst Hop and y/n waited for Leon and Raihan. Marnie had messaged Hop to let him know that Piers picked her up. This also gave y/n the chance to bring Ninetales back out. The fire type was nuzzling her hand playfully whilst Hop messaged others.

"Let's quickly make a stop," y/n whispered so only the fire type heard.

Both of them snuck away without Hop knowing. Y/n knew Raihan and Leon would take the train so she took a Corviknight to the Slumbering Weald. She knelt down as the ruined shrine whilst Ninetales sat by her. Her Pigeot appeared as y/n carefully collected some water Lily's.

"You know where to take these," y/n petted the flying type.

Pigeot cawked before flying off with the flowers.

"Hopefully they like them," y/n smiled.
"Nine!" Ninetales exclaimed, nudging her happily.

Y/n sighed when her phone went off. She knew who it was so she had Rotom message them saying she'll be back soon. She didn't give her location since she knew one of them would 'escort' her back. They stayed in the peaceful silence of nature for a bit longer before both, her and Ninetales took a train to Hammerlocke. As she thought, Raihan was waiting there with Hop and Leon talking to other rising trainers. Ninetales tensed so y/n knelt down to the fire type. She kissed the top of Ninetales head.

"Return," she whispered.

When she sure that Ninetales would be alright, she started to approach Raihan.

"Ready?" He asked, a brow raised.
"Yep," she answered, keeping her hands in her pockets.
"We're heading home. Catching up," Raihan told them.

Hop and Leon only nodded whilst y/n walked with Raihan. They would brush up against each other, subconsciously which only increased the sparks shooting throughout them. They barely got through the door when Raihan had continued what they started earlier. Both of them were just glad that they weren't interrupted for the rest of the day. Especially during their 'catch up'.