Chapter Twenty Six

For Raihan and y/n, it was great to be back in Galar. She had told him about Giovanni and how he's in custody but she always mentioned a surprise that she had coming up. This surprise was to give them a break from wedding planning and spend time together. Hop had gone to spend time with Marnie so y/n and Raihan decided to have a date night.

"So just me and you," Raihan started, "Where do you want to go? Your choice."

Y/n thought as she got ready.

"I don't mind. We could end our day at the cherry blossom tree," she smiled before kissing his cheek.
"I'm sure We have time for that tonight," Raihan brought her close.
"Let's go then," she giggled, "More time for us that way."

Raihan started to walk with her out the door.

"Ninetales, I'll be back soon," y/n told the fire type.
"Nine," Ninetales released a yawn before going back to sleep.

Y/n leaned against Raihan as they walked. Some of Hammerlocke's citizens smiled at them whilst Raihan's fangirls gave happy yet jealous looks. Y/n rolled her eyes whilst Raihan offered them a friendly smile. He was mainly focused on y/n. They may not be talking but the silence was peaceful to them like a silent conversation being exchanged. Raihan was thinking of where he would give Chikorita to y/n since the grass type was his only Pokémon on him. Both him and y/n decided to leave their team at home except Lugia was with them but in her master ball. Raihan then remembered about Suicune.

"I never asked, how did you get Suicune? I thought legendaries didn't like being caught," he spoke up, "Well except Lugia, Zacian and Zamazenta."
"I have other legendaries but I don't normal call upon them because they prefer freedom. Suicune prefers running free in Kanto and Johto. The professors of each region up me get them. If Lugia and Zacian wanted, they could have the same thing but they seem to prefer traveling with me," y/n replied, adding, "Plus Lugia protects me and you now."
"Nah. I'll protect you," Raihan chuckled, "Angry Hydreigon remember."
"I remember," y/n smiled, "Even Ninetales copied you."
"I ain't going to let anyone harm you nor get away with it," he spoke almost devilishly.
"The same goes for you. You know Umbreon can track," y/n said almost innocently but an evil glint flashed in her eyes.
"We have to test that one day," he replied, bringing her closer.

Y/n looked up as she faced him. Raihan had a hand resting on her cheek; caressing it slowly.

"I love you so much y/n," Raihan whispered so only she heard.
"I love you with all my heart Rai," she whispered back.
"I have something to give you. An early present," he kissed her softly.

When he broke it, he used his spare hand to raise the luxury ball. Y/n was surprised to see a Pokémon inside.

"I can tell you that Ninetales made it excited to help you," Raihan smiled.

Y/n watched as a Chikorita appeared and jumped into her arms. She chuckled at this.

"How did you know?" She asked Raihan as she hugged him tightly.
"Kabu helped and so did Hop and as you know Ninetales," Raihan answered.
"Well I might as well tell you your early present is in Hoenn. Something I know you'll enjoy very much," y/n told him.
"You didn't have to," he told her, chuckling.
"No. I did," she teased, "Gotta show you my love in other ways."
"Come on. I made quick dinner reservations," Raihan started to drag her along.

Y/n was laughing at this.

"And here I thought you were the laid back dragon type gym leader," she mocked teasingly.
"And I thought you were on time Champion of Galar," he mocked back.
"Not always," she only laughed more, "Have you seen how many times Ninetales has saved me?!"
"If she doesn't, it's normally me," he rolled his eyes.
"Not my fault I'm clumsy at random times," she kissed his cheek before walking on ahead.

She had returned Chikorita whilst Raihan followed with an amused look on his face. Y/n noticed his staring and smirked.

"Take a picture. It will last longer," she pointed out.
"Why have a picture when I have the real thing?" Raihan replied, smirking.
"Later maybe," y/n winked.
"Why must you tease me with it?! You know how I get," he fake pouted.

Y/n rolled her eyes as she entered the restaurant. Raihan ruffled her hair as they walked to their table.

"Stop," she playfully whined.
"Why? I love messing with your hair," he chuckled.

She rolled her eyes again.

"How many times will you roll your eyes?" Raihan joked.
"As many times as required," y/n joked back.

Raihan grabbed her hand from across the table. Their fingers immediately interlocking. They spent an hour at the restaurant, having their dinner and exchanging small talk. Not much conversation was needed as their bond let them speak through the silence. There was a few times they signed autographs for the smaller children but otherwise it was just Raihan and y/n. They left the restaurant and went straight to Raihan's secret cherry blossom place. Y/n let Lugia fly freely above. Y/n was playing with their hands when they laid back to stargaze. Raihan was leaving small kisses along her neck.

"It's so peaceful," y/n spoke up.
"What our lives will be like in the future," Raihan added.
"It's always peaceful with you," she smiled.
"Which reminds me," he chuckled, "What's this about dropping your champion title?"
"I want to focus on our future family. Why do you think I have been training my fire types," she grinned.
"Always two steps ahead of me," Raihan commented.
"As Champion, I have to be two steps ahead of everyone," she stated, "But I will become the gym leader for Motorstoke fire gym."
"Either title, you're do great. Besides I doubt people can beat your original team. Leon was freaking out about making it look real," Raihan explained almost laughing again.
Y/n chuckled, "I expected that. My champion team won't be used after that battle. I will use them when needed."
"You gotta fight me properly though," Raihan stated, pecking her lips.
"Of course," she spoke softly.

After a bit longer, they headed home with y/n returning Lugia. The second they entered their home, their Pokémon approached that could fit inside. Chikorita immediately went to snuggled Ninetales like the other Pokémon that didn't approach.

"I'll be back later. The gym needs me," Raihan kissed her forehead, "Goodnight My Love."
"Goodnight Rai," y/n smiled.

When he left, she got ready for bed with Umbreon and Glaceon keeping her company.

"Goodnight little heroes," she kissed their foreheads.

They then settled for the night as sleep welcomed them.