Chapter Twenty One

"Today wee need to meet Leon. We have to let him in on the plan," y/n told Umbreon as they sat on the train.

Umbreon nodded his head as he continued to lookout. Ninetales was currently returned to rest which gave the dark type time with y/n.

"I was thinking of stargazing tonight. Would you like to accompany me Umbreon?" Y/n asked as she smiled to him.
"Umbre!" Umbreon exclaimed excitedly.
"The snow would be the best place. The sky is always clear and stunning," y/n commented.

Umbreon nuzzled y/n's side happily. When the train stopped, they had gotten off to find Leon at the battle tower.

"We have to battle our way through to the top. Leon really likes making a point to strengthen the region," y/n chuckled.

Eyes were drawn to her as she entered. Y/n quickly signed up before participating. Umbreon was taking down the opponents easily but that's because the dark type knew they were in a rush. After getting halfway, y/n was getting fed up.

"Like I love battling but how many trainers are left?!" She complained to Umbreon.
"Umbre Umbre," Umbreon shrugged as he started getting tired.
"Just a bit longer old friend," y/n petted the dark type.

Throughout the remaining battles, Umbreon quickly defeated the teams before reaching Leon who was the last opponent.

"I didn't expect to see you here," Leon grinned brightly, "This should be fun."
"After this we must discuss something in private," y/n told him.
"Of course," Leon replied.

Y/n quickly healed Umbreon but sent Glaceon out instead. Leon had sent out Charizard. Y/n just nodded to Glaceon since they were in a hurry.

"Glace!" Glaceon exclaimed as blizzard appeared.

Before Leon or Charizard could respond, the attack wiped Charizard out.

"Sorry but I'm really in a rush," y/n thought to herself.

Leon started wide eyed as he didn't expect Glaceon to take out Charizard.

"Where have you been training?" He joked, curiously.
"The desert for Glaceon. They train where their type has issues with its surroundings. Anyway can we please talk in private? I'm on a time limit," y/n explained.

Leon gestured to another room as both of them returned their Pokémon. Umbreon stayed out with y/n. When she was sure no one could hear or see, she decided to explain her plan.

"After the wedding, I will lose my champion title because I want to focus on my family. Only one person would be believable in beating me in a battle and that's you. I don't plan on having my team fight at full power and the legendaries won't be helping. Would you be able to go along with the plan?" She told him whilst looking out of the rose tower.
"Of course but does anyone else know?" He asked.
"Only Kabu and Sonia since they've been helping. I know it's a lot to ask as it wouldn't be an actual win for you or an actual battle but I want the region with its strongest trainer. You are probably the only person that comes close to beating my team and the only one the people love as champion," y/n answered.
"What would happen to rose tower?" Leon asked as he looked out.
"I will help fund it with you and maintain it. I'm sorry if this is too much to ask of," y/n spoke as she faced him.
"I'll help but I want a proper battle in private where no one but us can see," Leon hugged her.
"Thank you!" Y/n hugged him back.
"Umbre," Umbreon exclaimed as he hinted to the time.
"I must go now. My brother leaves soon. Thank you again Lee!" Y/n called out as she sprinted away.

Umbreon stayed close but made sure to keep people from blocking the way.

"Pigeot can you help us reach the airport?" Y/n called out as the flying type appeared.

The flying type let them on before shooting into the sky. It took a while but when he landed, y/n returned him before running inside the airport. Umbreon stayed close to her before pointing out Victor who waited by suitcases.

"Vic!" Y/n called out to him before hugging him.
"Hey n/n," Victor smiled as he hugged her back.
"Guess the day has finally come," y/n spoke softly but it was slightly tearful.
"Yes. I'm sorry I will miss your wedding and everything in the following five years," Victor apologised.
"It's alright. It's part of your job," y/n replied, "Could you place flowers on their graves?"
"Of course," Victor smiled, "I'll be watching your wedding happen."
"One day you need to introduce me to this girl partner of yours," she winked at him.
"One day," he sheepishly said as he tried hiding his blush.
"Well you should go through before you miss your flight," y/n told him as she hinted to the passengers going through security.
"Take care little sister," he waved her goodbye.
"Take care big brother," she waved back.

Y/n and Umbreon waited until they couldn't see him before leaving the airport. Y/n looked back at the plane taking off with Umbreon following her gaze.

"Until next time," y/n whispered.

Umbreon nudged her leg so y/n lifted the dark type into her arms.

"You do know you're not as small as you used to be," she laughed.

Umbreon tilted his head innocently.

"It's easier to carry you when you're an Eevee," she teased.
"Umbre!" Umbreon exclaimed.

It took a while before they reached the snowy terrain. Umbreon stayed close to y/n as they stargazed. Ninetales had joined them to keep them warm. Glaceon was also out as the ice type enjoyed the snow.

"Everything for the plan is ready. After we need to give Leon an actual battle which we would be happy to do. I even have the fire types chosen for the fire type gym as Kabu still wants me to take over it," y/n started, "Typhlosion, Ninetales, Torchic, Flareon, Charizard and Fennekin. Of course you will have to use less power."

Ninetales pouted as Umbreon and Glaceon snickered at the fire type.

"If it gets too difficult to maintain low power, we could go and catch more fire types that would be suitable," y/n smiled.

Ninetales nodded. When y/n wasn't looking, rotom had appeared to take a picture. It had uploaded it for her under the caption.

"Stargazing."