Chapter Thirty

It had been a few months since Galar announced y/n missing. No one knew how she could stay hidden for this long without help. They tried seeing if Victor knew but got blank leads since Sylveon hid the evidence with a fairy mist. What no one but Victor and his girlfriend knew, y/n went under another name with Glaceon mimicking her partner Pokémon until the time was right. She even had a Mudkip travelling with her.

Right now, y/n was walking along Lilycove coast with Glaceon by her and Mudkip on her shoulder. Her hood still covered her since it kept the world away from her appearance. They were bypassing the time until it came to the interviews her, Lisia, Drew and Wallace would attend.

"N/o/c (false name)! It's time!" Lisia called to her with a bright smile.

Ali was by her side. Y/n approached as Glaceon stayed close. Together they all walked to the news station. As they sat, y/n sat on the edge by Lisia as Glaceon sat on her lap with Mudkip on the table. Wallace and Drew were on Lisia's other side. Y/n started to blur the interview out as her mind decided to go to Raihan and the heart she had to hide away.

"Before we start any of these wonderful questions," Wallace started, "I would like to public ask that Champion y/n comes home to the Galar region. Everyone misses you dearly. Your friends around the regions do. They love you."

Y/n tensed slightly but it went unnoticed.

"So to the questions," the host sweat dropped from the sudden dark topic, "We wanted to know who would win in the contest against you four. Who would it be?"
"It's too early to say," Lisia smiled softly.
"I believe every Pokémon is beautiful in their own way. It's undecided," Wallace replied, smiling.
"I would say Lisia or Wallace. They have the experience and higher scores," Drew answered.

Y/n didn't answer since her voice was still in a place to give her away.

"Okay... next question," the host started, "Who has the most beautiful move?"
"N/o/c," Lisia exclaimed, "Her Glaceon looks like she's dancing whenever they perform!"
"N/o/c," Wallace added, "I can see a stronger bond between them and their performances then any other."
"Lisia," Drew said as he internally fanboyed.
"Don't know," y/n spoke up, "Haven't seen them perform in person."

Her voice shifted tones slightly to blend in to a different tone. Y/n knew they were looking at her as Lisia smiled brightly to see her talk.

"We heard this contest is open to all. They built a temporary stadium to host many people. You've invited people too. Who are they?" The host asked.

Wallace laughed.

"We decided to invite people y/n knew. Give them a chance to focus on something else. Plus we want to show our region with its contests to them," Lisia explained, "Steven helped with it."
"On other note, did you here about Team Rocket's Giovanni escaping. What security measures are you taking?" The host asked.
"We can't discuss that here for security reasons but we assure you no one will get in without a pass," Wallace answered.

The interview finished as y/n returned Mudkip and Glaceon. She left quickly before finding a hidden spot. She had rotom call Victor.

"Hey little sis. How's it going?" He asked happily.
"I need eyes on Giovanni. Apparently he's out. You know he'll come for us," y/n told him.
"I'm currently in a private room at the stadium. I'll have people find him but I must warn you, Leon, Raihan, Hop and Marnie are here. Even Kabu," Victor warned her.
"I have it covered. They won't know it's me," y/n replied before ending the call.

She quickly started to make her way to the arena before being hurried in by security. She quickly changed into her contest outfit which still had her hood covering her. She had put Glaceon's pokeball in the shimmering capsule before walking out. She was joined by Lisia as they made their way to the centre where Wallace and Drew waited. They all had their pokemon in their balls as they prepared to open the contest between the four of them. Y/n's eyes trailed the crowd under her hood as she registered each fan. Her eyes went to the vip booth to see Victor talking to Leon, Hop and Marnie whilst Raihan didn't seem interested. Kabu was looking down as he waited to see the Pokémon appear.