Chapter Twenty Three

"I haven't been soooo bored in ages!" Y/n complained.

She was laid back on her bed with Umbreon and Glaceon sprawled out by her.

"I miss Ninetales and Raihan... it hasn't been a day yet!" She complained more.
"Glace," the ice type whined.
"Umbre Umbre," the dark type joined in.

The two Pokémon shared their boredom with y/n.

"We have the next three days off from paperwork and battles yet we're bored," y/n chuckled, "We might as well bother Hop."

At that, the two Eevee evolutions gave devious looks whilst waiting impatiently to leave. Y/n smiled but followed them out.

"How should we greet him?" Y/n started.

The two Eevee evolutions jumped around her.

"Maybe we could scare him at Slumbering Weald? Or sneak into his room," y/n suggested.

Both Pokémon hinted to scaring him so y/n took them both on the train. She had then realised.

"Hop isn't in Galar but Johto... guess we could visit his mother," y/n sighed.

The two Eevee evolutions pouted at this.

"The journey to post wick will take a while. You want some snacks?" Y/n asked her companions.
"Umbre!" Umbreon used psychic to grab some snacks and drinks for them all as y/n paid.

Glaceon made sure the way was clear before finding a table seat. Y/n got some videos up on her phone which the two Pokémon watched whilst nibbling on their snacks. Y/n was eating f/s (favourite snack) but keeping an eye on the stops passing by. She had then noticed Kira.

"Kira! How are you?" Y/n called to her as she gestured to her to join.
"Hi Champion!" Kira smiled.

She joined y/n by the table seats.

"How has your gym challenge been?" Y/n asked as she was intrigued to her endorsed trainer.
"I managed to win against Milo and Nessa but Kabu keeps winning. I thought I would head to Post wick to see how you, Leon and Hop got so strong. I did have to travel to Hammerlocke for the train. My team are tired," Kira explained then added, "I even got to see more then I could dream of. Like Lapras showed me where to find a water stone and I was hoping to catch an Eevee for it. I love water types."
"What about Noivern?" Y/n asked curiously.
"Noivern doesn't seem to listen anymore. Especially after the constant losses to Kabu," Kira pouted.
"Me and my Noivern can help," y/n offered.
"It's alright. I'll try binding more with Noivern first," Kira replied.
"Then take my number just encase. I can help anytime," she smiled at the younger girl.
"Thank you!" Kira exclaimed happily.

Silence had once again embraced y/n. Meanwhile with Hop, Raihan and Ninetales, they were travelling towards Lake Rage. Ninetales led the way as the other two didn't know where it was. Kabu had told them of a Chikorita being there and being the only starter from Johto that y/n didn't have. Hop didn't understand since he knew Magikarp and Gyarados lived there. He wasn't aware of any other Pokémon.

"Now it's raining," Hop sighed.

Ninetales didn't care because she knew this Chikorita was more important.

"At least it's the wild area mainly getting rain, back home," Hop joked.

Raihan mentally facepalmed but soon went to y/n as he watched Ninetales. They broke into a clearing to see Lake Rage.

"Oh yeaaa," Hop started, "Kabu mentioned lake rage always being rainy."
"Let's hurry and find this grass type before it decides to snow," Raihan commented.

Ninetales rolled her eyes as she watched the two look. She could easily see the grass type watching with a puzzled look. It's leaf on its head, covering it from the rain. The fire type sighed as she laid down. The Chikorita could sense the heat coming off of Ninetales so it approached carefully. Ninetales saw this and raised the two tails that rested by her left side. The Chikorita jumped happily before snuggling into the warm fur. Ninetales gently placed her tails on the grass type which cooed in joy from the heat.

"Where is this Chikorita?!" Hop exclaimed as he panted from the exhaustion of looking.
"Looks like Ninetales knows," Raihan chuckled as the sight.

His rotom phone had taken a picture since it knew y/n would love to see it later. Raihan approached slowly but Chikorita hid under Ninetales more. Hop approached.

"Looks like it knows Ninetales emits a lot of heat even if she's soaking wet," Hop laughed.
"Y/n did train her team to maintain their body temperature at all climates," Raihan smiled.
"Guessing she learnt it from you weather boy," Hop teased.
"Whatever you say scaredy cat," Raihan retorted.
"Hey! I thought we wouldn't discuss that!" Hop complained jokingly.
"Your fault not mine," Raihan teased.
"Nine!" Ninetales growled slightly.

Both boys sweatdropped at the mad looking fire type.

"I forgot Ninetales hates heavy rain like this," Raihan nervously said.
"Let's hurry back then!" Hop exclaimed as he started running.

Ninetales watched the two boys run off before looking to the sleeping Chikorita. She carefully lifted the grass type onto her back with two tails still shielding the grass type. She then started to follow but more gently so Chikorita didn't wake up. Ninetales knew y/n would of told both boys off and made sure they took it easy to go back. Especially as they didn't confront the grass type. It was left to the fire type to do it. It only made Ninetales miss y/n more but get excited to return with a new friend. Chikorita looked frightened at the new area but Ninetales was quick to soothe the grass type. She started having a conversation with the grass type about y/n and the other Pokémon which seemed to make Chikorita excited. They did catch up to Hop and Raihan as they set up camp.

"Looks like Chikorita is joining us," Hop commented.
"This should be a great surprise for y/n," Raihan smiled.