Chapter Seventeen

Somehow, y/n managed to get Raihan to the gym. His fans were going crazy as he battled challengers. Y/n chuckled when she saw Leon enter and Raihan immediately state, he would win. The battle commenced but this time Dragonair was helping Raihan out instead of Ninetales. The battle was close but still, Raihan's Duraludon fainted first before Charizard knelt slightly. Both Pokemon were returned as the two rivals complimented the battle with a few teasing remarks. Hop had then caught her eye from across the stadium. Y/n nodded to Ninetales who jumped onto the battlefield in a battle stance. Raihan and Leon looked at her confused before a Rillaboom appeared on the field. Hop was grinning with his look of "you're going down". Y/n chuckled before nodding to Ninetales. Slam from Rillaboom would of hit if Ninetales didn't dodge to use flamethrower. Rillaboom got grazed with it.

"Just imagine if I win mate! I would be a champion and a professor in training!" Hop laughed, teasingly.
"You underestimate Ninetales again," y/n winked playfully.

That was when Hop realised, Ninetales was on top of Rillaboom with flamethrower ready to fire.

"Yield?" Y/n questioned him, teasingly.
"Sure," Hop sweatdropped.
"Ninetales stand down," y/n called to the fire type.

Ninetales immediately returned to her side.

"Sorry about that Rai. Me and Hop have a challenge to battle each other whenever we see one another," y/n smiled.
"It's fine Love. Do try and get on the battlefield instead of stay in the stands," he laughed.
"If I remember," she winked.
"Of course she will remember. It's from you Raihan!" Hop laughed more as he approached.
"I think we should continue this whilst Raihan battles his challengers," Leon grinned.

Leon and Hop joined y/n whilst Raihan continued to battle. Ninetales had decided to nap since the fire type was still in a sleepy mood.

"When can I borrow Ninetales?" Hop asked, "I remember you letting Raihan use her so why not me?"
"If Ninetales wants to battle with you, she's more then welcome to. I won't stop her battling for fun or helping," y/n smiled as her eyes stayed trained on Raihan and his Pokemon.
"Maybe she would be up for helping me in the battle tower," Leon started still laughing, "I'm sure she would have fun with the challengers there."
"Let me know when you want her for it," y/n commented since she knew her partner would agree.
"Maybe this weekend? Mainly the challengers appear then. Especially on Sunday," Leon told her.
"I'll even add her blue ribbon," y/n chuckled.
"I'll have to make sure it doesn't fall off," Leon laughed more.
"I'm sure if Ninetales gets hurt, you're dead," Hop sweatdropped as he nervously laughed.
"She wouldn't," Leon stated innocently.
"Oh I would," y/n pointed out innocently.
"Raihan wouldn't let you?" Leon questioned.
"Oh I would," Raihan yelled as he was listening in.
"OH COME ON! WHAT DID I DO TO YOU?!" Leon exclaimed, laughing nervously.
"How long did you tease me Lee?" Raihan yelled back, jokingly.
"I'M SORRY BUT SEND HELP!" Leon exclaimed as he started to back up.
"Nope. I'm not going against my girl," Raihan laughed.
"You're on your own Lee," Hop grinned evilly.
"Oh you're evil!!" Leon exclaimed before fleeing.

He was laughing as Hop followed, trying to stifle his laughs. Y/n looked back at Raihan.

"I'll be home," she called out to him.
"I'll be back soon," he replied, winking.

Y/n nudged Ninetales awake as they left. The snow was still falling but not as much. Most of it had cleared but was still obvious. It didn't take long for her to arrive home. Ninetales started the fireplace whilst y/n made them some hot drinks as the fire type became addicted to them. Once they settled on the sofa, they started to watch Raihan's battle live. Ninetales had gone back to sleeping after finishing her drink but y/n stayed up until Raihan came home.

"Welcome home," y/n smiled brightly.
"Thank you Princess," Raihan smiled as he kissed her forehead.

He had sat down by her before bringing Ninetales onto his lap because the fire type radiated heat.

"We need more fire types like Ninetales," Raihan exclaimed but it was slightly muffled.

His face was buried in Ninetales fur so him trying to speak only made y/n laugh. The dragon type gym leader started to fall asleep because the cold still didn't work well with him.

"Sleep peacefully," y/n wrapped him in blankets.

She quickly finished the house work before nodding to Ninetales who was slightly awake. Ninetales took Raihan upstairs by using psychic but afterwards, y/n tucked him into bed. She headed back downstairs with the fire type to start grooming the messy fur.

"After this, we can take a break," y/n smiled.
"Nine Nine!" Ninetales exclaimed happily.

A couple more minutes passed until Ninetales was groomed. The fire type took her break by napping once more. Y/n sat down to watch some movies before she had fallen asleep. It was quite a boring movie so it didn't surprise her nor Ninetales.