Page 41 - Countdown Arc : The Trouble of Royal Mafia Famiglia

Page 41 – Countdown Arc : The Trouble of Royal Mafia Famiglia

Rated PG.

Sejuru: I almost didn't post this today because I'm currently very focus writing the final chapter of the countdown arc, but I promised. 

Yes, I'm on it, the much awaited answers to your questions and confirmation of theories. Marami pang ganap before that event so expect quite a number of chapters pa, Readers, and all of them are written already btw. Gan'to po ako bumawi. Sunod-sunod na updates.

Hmmm, the last chapter of this arc is the easiest but at the same time also the most difficult to write. That chapter is the experience after the roller coaster reached the highest peak. It's the path heading downward that's why I'm calling that chapter:

Downfall.

Ang pinakamaiksing title in history of this story so far 😂 Tatlong beses lang kayo makaka-encounter ng 'one-word' title of chapter. It signifies the turning point, climax, and the conclusion (end of MP, like the end before the epilogue).

I will finish it very soon. Downfall is very enjoyable to write but it will push my perfectionist self to revise and revise until I'm satisfied. Anyway, let's enjoy the way up to the peak of Enchanted Kingdom for now.

Saka na natin isipin ang downfall 🤫😉

Enjoy reading...

Today is family night as my brother insisted I should bake him a cake. Tita Lin would also be present and she will help me.

Gusto lang ni Aeon na kaming tatlo lang kaya hindi invited yung lima, which is fine. It’s like a room for breathing and experiencing something normal again.

I mean, hindi naman ako nasasakal sa kanila. It’s just that everyone needs space from time to time para makapag isip without temptations.

And oh my men are the best temptation.

Papaalis na ako ng campus when a car parked in front of me. Porsche. Orange. The window on the seat beside the driver dropped down smoothly and I was greeted by a grinning Trouble.

Grinning trouble? Heck, this girl is really freaking cool.

“Get in, Best Friend.”

I grinned back at her at pumasok sa loob. She started driving, the path leading to home. Malapit lang bahay ko at dahan-dahan siya magpatakbo.

“Where’s Beks?” I asked.

The car really smelled nice. Lavender? Real lavender. Not the fake kind.

“He’s waiting for me home.”

Hmm…okay. Bakit pa kaya siya nasa labas?

“Hindi ka ba hinahatid ng mga boyfriends mo?” she asked. Her eyes flickering at me and then back again on the road.

“I prefer to walk usually. Walk alone. It’s the space I need and they understand. Pero may mga pagkakataon na hinahatid pa rin nila ako if they couldn’t help themselves.”

“Then I apologise if I ever intrude your space—”

“Oh no! It’s really okay. Besides, I really like you—not in a romantic way! I’m straight at kakalbuhin ako ni Beks—”

“I know, Zony. Don’t panic.” she said laughing. I looked down and play with my fingers. Intertwining them at each other.

“W-Wala kasi akong babaeng kaibigan. Most girls just don’t like me. And you’re here and you’re really very friendly at mabait sa akin. I’m not assuming we’re friends, just that, this is all new to me in a good way that’s all.”

Grabe nakakahiya. I’m mumbling! Napahawak ako sa pisngi ko.

“We’re friends, Zony, I also have few friends, I can really relate to that feeling that other girls hate you. But people like that don’t matter. The only ones who do are those few who are REAL. Like you.”

She turned her head and gave me this beaming smile. I smiled back at her.
It’s really different with Ayla. Kay Trouble, I’m completely at ease. But when I met Ayla, she seemed nice and all, but it’s like instinct is telling me there's something wrong.

“Yeah. Same to you. It makes me really happy that we're friends, Trouble.”

“Me too. Kinukwento ka pa lang dati sa akin ni MacArthur, I knew na magkakasundo tayo. Imagine my surprise when we're finally introduced. Muntikan ko nang agawan si MacArthur ng best friend. I want you as my best friend for myself.”

I’m still not use to compliments. That’s why when she said that, I couldn’t help but fidget on my seat.

“Hindi naman limited sa isa ang best friend.” I answered.

She gave me again her beaming smile.

“Then you’re truly my best friend from now on.” sabi niya.

“Now I got two wonderful best friends.”

We we're so happy in each other’s company kaya hindi ko namalayan kaagad na nakahinto na pala yung kotse sa harap ng bahay.

“Thank you for giving me a ride, Trouble.”

“I should be the one thanking you for agreeing to be my best friend. Magtatampo sayo si MacArthur once he knew.” Trouble chuckled at that thought.

“Beks will recover.” I said at nagtawanan kami.

“Sige, lalabas na—”

“Wait.” Trouble interrupted kaya muli akong humarap sa kaniya.

I was met with a very serious expression on her face. Trouble started talking,

“I need to properly introduce myself to you.”

“Uhmmm..haven’t you already done that before?”

“Nope. That’s the abridged version, for strangers. You’re no longer a stranger to me.”

Ay wow. Dapat may ganyan din ako.

“O-Okay..ibig sabihin may complete version?”

She grinned again for a moment na kaagad bumalik sa seryoso niyang mukha.

“Yeah. Reserved for people I deemed important. Like you and MacArthur.”

If I’m a gorilla, I might have puffed my chest and howl awooooo. Wait, is that even done by gorillas? I’m not freaking sure.

I think she was mingling with commoners when Naoe called her a princess before. That’s why the royal aura was kinda muted.

Pero ngayon, I feel like I’m facing a real princess. Not the princess on fairy tale books na submissive and damsel in distress, because that’s how society want them to be.

That’s a ploy to make women appear like the weaker sex. The representation of the stereotype against the female species, when in fact, we're just as capable and strong as men.

This princess in front of me is exactly how princesses should be.

Confident, powerful, and independent.

A survivor.

A fighter.

When I grow up, because I’m still growing up, I wanna be like Trouble.
She inspires me to be better.

And just like her, I want to make myself known, that’s why I said,

“Me first.”

Trouble's eyes widened in surprise.Excitement on her tone, she challenged,

“Go ahead.”

Inhaling and exhaling deeply, I let it all out, I let everything I know about myself out. Not afraid of judgment and misconception, because I trust the person in front of me.

“I am Zony Roxshar Anthuria Evviola, a fluctuating synaesthete. Usually, I see colors of human emotions, and that’s how I knew if people are being real. I’m an average student at EPU, nothing special. I am a sister, a niece, and a best friend.

And I aim to be a better me.”

“That’s all?”

“Y-Yeah..that’s all.”

Nanahimik lang si Trouble na parang may hinihintay pa, but I couldn’t think of anything else.

“My turn then.”

Chin high, slightly leaning her head to the right, Trouble said,

“I am Trouble Azeeajarde Royal. Born as the daughter of the king of the Royal Mafia Famiglia. I wasn’t a princess by title. I turned myself into one. I am in love with David Arthur MacArthur despite of his silly complete name. I will leave a mark on this world by helping those who need escape to make a new path, those who want to be lost in order to find themselves.”

There’s nothing but certainty and dedication on her voice. Ibang-iba yung pagpapakilala niya. Her last line made me so curious though. So curious.

“Anong ibig mong sabihin nang sinabi mong you provide escape?”

“My mafia specializes in helping people disappear, Zony, not by killing them, no, we help them disappear to escape. A battered wife, abused child, slave, and others who have reasons for a justified purpose, we help them all by erasing records of their past self and creating new ones. While hiding, they have two choice: either they make themselves new or be a better version of their original self.”

“That’s amazing, Trouble!”

Sa sobrang mangha ko sa kaniya, I found myself clutching both of her hands. Kaagad ko itong binitawan,

“Sorry! Nadala lang ako! But what you do is really amazing! I bet you and your family already helped a lot of people.”

Hindi ako sigurado kung imahinasyon ko lang, but there’s sadness on her face as she stared at me back then.

“Yes, we're in this for so long.” sagot niya.

“Can I help?” tanong ko.

“You mean you wanna join our mafia?”

“Not really join. I don’t think so I’m prepared for that kind of deep commitment. I mean help by referring people who might need your kind to help them.”

“Zony, you don’t need to ask. If you know people who want to make themselves disappear, anytime, refer them to me.”

I smiled at her and said,

“Thank you, Trouble! You’re one of the coolest person I know! Idol talaga kita!”

Thinking Aeon might already be waiting for me, I bid my new best friend and role-model a goodbye.