40. DROP SCENE

There was deadly silence in the loung. Moona was silently weeping in the corner while Khadija was sitting beside her. Khalil was sitting on the chair, his face white in terror. Zain had reached with the body. He had told them what had happened back there. Shanzay had just arrived after them, having no idea what had happened. When told about this, she turned to Zain.

"Why did they do this?" She asked.

"He was abouth to tell us everything he knew. Everything. We were really close to that brothal. And now we are again standing at the first step." Zain sighed in distress.

"Well, not first," Shanzay said. Zain turned to him suspiciously. Shanzay took out her wallet from the pocket she had in her shirt and opening it, handed it to him. Zain looked at the card peeking out of the wallet with disbelief. Then he turned to Shanzay.

"That's right. I am also at the same rank as you are!" She said and looked around. "Look, this is a secret between us. I will provide you the information that I will get in one or two days. Then I will be gone. It's up to you to make any story." She said.

"Where will you go?" Zain asked.

"That's not your headache! I have got some orders from boss." She said and then turned to Moona.

"I am sorry, Moona dear, But I really have to go. It's urgent." She said. Moona stared at her without any emotion in her eyes and nodded. Shanzay turned to Zain, gave him a nod and went outside. Zain stood there in deep thought. He had never imagined that events will turn out this way. He sighed and came outside in the lawn. Now all he had to do was to wait for the information Shanzay will provide him. He took out his phone and dialled Najeeb's number. He picked up after sometime.

"Boss, there is something that I have to tell you." He said.

"I know what you have to tell me." Najeeb's voice came from the speakers.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked looking around.

"You know very well, why!" Came the reply.

"Was she spying on me all this time?" Zain asked.

"No I don't need a spy on you." Najeeb said. "Anyways, Now I have some orders for you. You will be happy."

"I am eager." Zain smiled.

"You will get them soon. Anything else?" He asked.

"Yes, I think we should postpone this engagement to next week." He said,

"Alright, I will be going, then!" Najeeb said and hung up. Zain sighed and turned to go inside. He had no idea what will be the orders for him that Najeeb was talking about. Nor that he knew they were going to be really satisfactory!!

                   ..........................

A car stopped at the back side of the Muneeb's villa. Out came two passengers, there long silhouettes visible in the deserted street due to the street pole. They were wearing black clothes from head to toe. Even their faces were not visible. One of them climbed the pipeline at the backside and stepped on the roof. After about five minutes, the window in the ground floor was opened. The other silhouette climbed the window and was disappeared in the darkness.

Muneeb was in his room getting ready for a long night sleep when the door of his bedroom opened and two men in black dresses entered the room. One of them had a pistol in his hand while the other sat on the sofa and opened the backpack he had brought.

"What is this? You are breaking and entering!!" Muneeb yelled. The man with the pistol quickly held his mouth to controll him while the other went out and came back with a chair. He placed the chair in the center of the room and they tied him to it.

"I know there is no one in the house at this time. So screaming for help will not help you!" The one with the backpack said and sat back on the sofa. The man with the pistol put his pistol back in the holder and took some equipments out of the bag. He then placed a helmet type thing on Muneeb's head, placed a leather piece in his mouth and took a remote in his own hand. Then turned to the other.

"You can wait outside." He said in a harsh voice. "It will hurt a little."

"I know how much it hurts! I am good here." He replied. The first one shrugged and turned to Muneeb. He pushed the button on his remote. Muneeb's muffled screames were now echoing in the room. After 30 seconds he took his hand off the remote.

"You don't need to do this!" The man on the sofa said, "Just ask him he will tell you."

"Where is that brothel? And what purpose does it serve?" He asked taking out the leather from his mouth.

"You will never know!" Muneeb gasped.

"You were saying?" The man turned to his companion. He just shrugged and looked away. "Okay for 1 minute now!" He said and pushed the button again. Muneeb screamed again in agony. When 1 minute had passed, he stopped.

"Tell me!!!" He yelled. Muneeb stared at him and nodded. The man took out the leather, Muneeb gasped for air and told him the adress. The other one immediately took out the phone and made it sure that the information was right. When he had done so, he nodded to the first one. He turned and took the helmet off Muneeb's head, Muneeb sighed in relief. Then the other one took out a wire out of his bag and went towards him. Muneeb screamed.

"I told you!! I told what you wanted! Now let me go." But they didn't listen and placed the wire around his neck.

"You must know at whom hand your death is coming!" The man standing in front of him said and took off his veil. There was a microphone attached to the veil making sure to change their voices. Muneeb's struggling stature went calm with shock. Usman was standing in front of him. Then Usman reached for the other man's veil and took it off too. The other one spoke and the left struggle in him also fadded away.

"I am not your daughter Shanzay, I have been agent Shanzay for last two years, Baba! I have been after you since then but you were so good. You never left a trace of your corruptions. You did it very well but you forgot one thing." Her voice was wet with emotions. Usman just stood there in silence. "You never involved you daughter in what you did. Because deep down you knew it was wrong. And no parent wants the wrong path for their children." She stopped and took off the wire.

"Are you okay?" Usman asked slightly.

"Yes! I am fine. Just the fact that he was my father!" She said and tried to smile.

"Come on, lets go! Job's done." Usman said and they both cleared the mess and went back the way they came.

               ...........................

Zain was sitting in his lounge waiting for the orders Najeeb had told him about. He had been waiting since two hours now. Just when he decided to go to bed, there was a knock on his door! He immediately ran outside. Usman was standing at his threshold with a file in his hands. Zain stared at him for a moment than nodded him to come inside. When they both had came inside the lounge, Usman handed him the file. Zain immediately opened it. There were two pictures in the file.

Two persons he knew very well.

Muneeb Sheikh and Aasim!!

Muneeb's picture was cut with a red cross while there was a note on the other picture. Zain read it and smiled at Usman. Tears of joy were there in both of their eyes because it said.

It must be natural!!

Zain took a small jar of a colourless liquid from the kitchen cabinet and gestured Usman to follow him.

The next day at the breakfast table, Khalil had read the news loudly.

"The owner and CEO of Ammaar brothers, Aasim was found dead in his study. The first report of police says that he was bit by a snake that had appeared in the study."

There was another heading:

"Famous politian of the country, Muneeb Sheikh, killed in his room by a gang of robbers!"