35. TAIMOOR'S WORK!!

Usman came out of his car in front of Zain's apartment. He went towards the entrance and put his fingers on the bell. After about half a minute Zain opened the door.
"Come on in." He said, taking out the ballpoint he had in his mouth. Usman went in.
"What are you doing?" He looked around. The lounge was a mess. Files and papers all over the lounge. Zain's laptop was placed on the table.
"Research." He replied sitting back on the couch in front of the laptop.
"What kind of research is this?" Usman asked, making some room for himself to sit down.
"Do you remember what case Taimoor was working on before he died?" Zain asked.
"What case?"
"Aasim's." Zain replied.
"That's obvious, Mr. Zain!" Usman said.
"I know that's obvious. We just need to find out what he did. Then this case will be solved." Zain said, pressing some keys on the laptop.
"And we are going to find that in all this mess?" Usman looked around him.
"No, I've seen them all. There is nothing in these files. But we need to take a look at the files in the headquarters." Zain said.
"And that's why you called me?" Usman asked.
"That's why I called you." Zain nodded. "Look, this is the last email he sent me." Zain placed his laptop in front of Usman. Usman read the email and looked at Zain.
"He asked you to meet him. Did you meet him?" Usman asked.
"I received this message in the morning and arrived Lahore at night. We were supposed to meet the next morning but that morning never came." Zain told him.
"We need to search his office," Usman said.
"There is nothing. I did it the next day." Zain shook his head, taking back the laptop.
"I think we should try again. Also, we need to search in both Aasim and Munib's offices." Usman said.
"That can be done." Zain nodded.
"How? I mean Hashim or Moona can search Aasim's office but how are we going to search Munib's?" Usman asked.
"Leave that to me. You go and search Taimoor's Office at the headquarters tomorrow. I'll be there after ASR." Zain said.
"But we have to be at the villa tomorrow night," Usman said.
"Why? What's there?" Zain asked.
"Oh, I am sorry, Not villa, At Moona's place. And the restoration is starting tomorrow." Usman told him raising to his feet.
"Why do you care about reconstruction so much?" Zain asked annoyed.
"I just like the building. Anyways, I am leaving and see you at the Villa? Sorry Moona's place, tomorrow." Usman said and left. Zain smiled and went back to work.
       .....................
The next day at breakfast, Zain told Moona and Hashim what he was thinking.
"So, we have to break into his office?" Hashim asked bewildered.
"Yes, you both have to do this." Zain nodded.
"But how can they do that?" Khalil asked.
"Why not?" Yumna said.
"It's illegal!" He replied.
"What they did was legal?" She asked back.
"They know the building far better than any of us. Only they can do this." Zain said putting the glass of water he had been holding back on the table.
"I am in," Moona said.
"Me too." Hashim nodded.
"I can also help," Shanzay said.
"So, what is your plan?" Usman asked.
"Aasim goes out for lunch at 12:30 pm," Moona said.
"We can act then," Hashim said.
"Shanzay will go after him and keep an eye on him," Zain said.
"Done," Shanzay said.
"Hashim will stay out of the office in case there are any troubles from inside the building and Moona will search the office," Zain said.
"It will work." Moona nodded Zain looked at Hashim for confirmation. He nodded back.
"Okay, act on this plan today. We don't have much time. Usman, you go to the headquarters and search the files. I'll be there." Zain said. They all stood up. It seemed that all of them were leaving for a mission. Salma sighed and looked at her husband who smiled at her nodding and assuring that they will be successful.
      .................
Aasim came out of the building and sat in his car. Not did he know that a car was started behind his.
"My eyes are on him," Shanzay said in the microphone of her mobile. She was chasing him very carefully.
In the office, Hashim stood up from his chair and went to Moona's room. He opened the door and saw Moona pacing the room.
"Is he gone?" She stopped. Hashim nodded.
"Stay outside and just knock the door once in case of danger." She said.
"Alright," Hashim said and came outside. Moona opened the door of Aasim's room that was attached to her office and sighed. Fortunately, it was open today. She entered the room and looked around. During all her time here in this office, she was successful in gaining the information about the secret safe in here. It was behind the frame that was hung on the right wall. She came towards it. There was a lock on this frame. She dialed Zain's number.
"Hello." Zain's voice came over.
"Zain. I am in here. It's a vault and I need to open it." She said.
"What kind of password is on it?" Zain asked.
"It's a number," Moona said.
"How many digits?" Zain asked.
"Five."
"Hmm."
"Zain, we have only three attempts," Moona told him.
"What's Aasim's birthdate?" Zain asked.
"12th of May," Moona replied.
"Okay, try 12574," Zain said. Moona pressed the code. A red light appeared.
"No." She said.
"Think Moona, think!!" Zain said.
"I am thinking." Moona snapped.
"Not enough." Zain sighed.
"May I try backward?" Moona asked.
"He is not your father Moona." Zain smiled.
"Shut up."
"Alright, how many children does he have?"
"Three, Zain." Moona sighed. "Stop asking his biodata."
"I already know his biodata. I am just confirming." Zain said. " Now try his wife's birthday."
"Okay, It's 25977." Moona dialed. Red light. She looked at it in horror.
"No, Zain."
"Oh, Shit!!" Zain gritted.
"Last attempt. Let me try another one." Moona said. She was pacing the room now.
"Moona, hurry up, we don't have enough time," Zain said.
"I know. Keep quiet, will you?" Moona snapped.
"Okay, okay I am quiet," Zain replied.
"I am going to try the last one," Moona said.
"Are you sure it will work, Moona?" Zain asked.
"I am just giving it a shot." Moona shrugged and dialed a number. Greenlight. "It worked," She screamed. "Zain, it worked!!"
"What's in it?" Zain asked. Moona opened the safe.
"A lot of things, money, some jewelry, files." She told him.
"Have a look at the files," Zain said. Moona took out the files.
"There's a blue one with the stamp of your office." She said.
"This is it. Moona you did it. Oh, God." Zain's voice was heavy with emotions.
"It has Taimoor's name on it," Moona told him. Just then there was a knock on the door.
"Someone's coming." Moona closed the safe quickly and came back into her room. She was clutching the file in her hands tightly. Hashim entered her room.
"Is this the file?" He asked.
"Yes, I am going to Zain's office. Take care of everything." Moona said, quickly putting her accessories in her handbag and left. Hashim stood there in shock. She had done it!!!
     ....................
"Did you find anything?" Zain asked Usman as he entered his room in the headquarters. Usman was sitting in his chair with a file in his hands and a pile of files placed in front of him on the table.
"Nothing." Usman sighed putting the file back in the pile.
"I told you," Zain said sitting in front of him.
"I thought maybe we will be able to find something," Usman said.
"Moona is coming here," Zain told him
"Why?" Usman asked drinking water.
"They found the file which Taimoor had prepared in Aasim's office," Zain said.
"WHAT??!!!" Usman exclaimed.
"Yes. They have been successful and she is bringing the file here."
"Don't make her go back to that office now, her task is done," Usman said.
"Of course not." Zain shook his head. Just then the door was knocked and Najeeb entered the room with Moona behind him.
"Zain, I got the file." She screamed coming towards them.
"I know." Zain smiled and stood up. Moona took out the file from the inner pocket of her coat. She gave it to Zain who opened the file immediately. They all bent down on it together, after a few minutes Najeeb lifted his face. An expression of horror plastered on it.
"I cannot believe this." He said.
"I am giving this file into your custody sir, no wonder they killed Taimoor over this," Zain said. Then he turned to Moona and Usman, "This is a secret between us. Nobody should know it yet." He said.
"Alright but this is so dangerous Zain," Moona said.
"Yes, it is. That's why we have to keep it a secret." Zain said. "Now you go to your house. We shall be there shortly." Moona stood there for some moments then she nodded and went outside. Zain sighed and opened the file. The three of them were now having a meeting regarding the situation.
          .......................
Zain entered the lounge of Moona's house. Everybody was moving here and there, decorating the lounge.
"You are going to blow all these balloons, Zain Bhai," Shanzay said as he went towards her and Assad who was sitting in a huge number of balloons.
"You guys blew these?" Zain asked bewildered.
"Yes, we did," Assad told him with pride.
"Great. Where is your phupho?" Zain asked sitting with them.
"She has gone to the market with Yumna," Assad said.
"Okay, give me the balloons to blow too," Zain said. Just then Hashim entered the lounge.
"There you are. I need to talk to you." He said coming to Zain.
"What is it?" Zain stood up. Shanzay followed him.
"Come out. You too." He said to them and went outside.
"We'll be back Assad." Shanzay smiled and went after Zain.
"Aasim found out about the file," Hashim said, once they came out.
"I was not expecting this soon," Zain replied.
"How did you know?" Shanzay asked.
"He called me in his office and I am pretty sure that he knows we are involved in this," Hashim said.
"Yeah, he knows." Zain sighed.
"He will try to get that file back," Shanzay said.
"Where is the file?" Hashim turned to him.
"It's safe. But we are not. Moona knows who has the file." Zain said deep in thought.
"And what was in the file?" Shanzay asked.
"I can't tell you that. It's secret for a time." Zain replied. Khalil came out.
"Zain, I tried Moona but she did not pick up and now her phone is shut off." He said.
"They should be home by now. It's been an hour." Shanzay said glancing at her wristwatch. Zain took out his phone and dialed her number. When the machine spoke, he cut off the call and turned to Khalil.
"Where is this market?" He asked.
"It's a fifteen-minute ride from here," Hashim replied.
"Come with me," Zain said and went out. Usman was entering from the main gate.
"What happened? Where are you going?" He asked.
"In search of Moona and Yumna," Hashim said opening the passenger door of Zain's car.
"Okay, I am coming too," Usman said as he opened the back door.
"No, you stay here with the family," Zain said. Usman nodded with understanding.
"May you return successful," Khalil said.
"Yeah, Carry on the decorations." Zain smiled and started the car.
       ....................