27. "AND I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU!!"

"Zain bhai I have heard that you sing very well. Will you sing for us tonight?" Everybody turned to Zain. They were waiting for his response.

"Who said this? I don't have the singing voice." Zain said.

"Hey, Who do you think you are kidding? I know you sing beautifully!!" Hashim glared at him.

"But..." Zain tried to say.

"No but. We want to hear your voice." Yumna insisted.

"Please, This night is my night, at least sing for me." Humna said.

"Alright. What song should I be singing?"

"Whatever your heart says." Khalil smiled.

"Wait a minute, Can you play a guitar?" Yumna asked.

"Yes, he can." Hashim replied.

"Wow. Mr. Zain I didn't know that." Usman smiled excitedly as Yumna ran upstairs when she came back she had a guitar in her hands.

"Sorry Humna, I had to borrow this." She smiled and handed the guitar over to Zain. Zain plucked a few a cords and closed his eyes. Everybody was listening intently to him now.

"You can't go to bed without a cup of tea

Maybe that's the reason that you talk in your sleep

And all those conversations are the secrets that I keep

Though it makes no sense to me"

He opened his eyes for a moment and saw Moona standing on the last step of the stairs in front of him. She was standing stunned in her place, watching him intently. Zain closed his eyes again, now a mischievous smile on his lips.

"I know you've never loved the sound of your voice on tape

You never want to know how you weigh

You still love to squeeze into your jeans

But..."

He opened his eyes again to look at her. She was still stunned in her place. Zain noted that she was wearing the same maxi he had bought her that day. Her golden locks were falling behind her back. Zain started to sing again.

"you're perfect to me!!"

Moona blinked her eyes.

"You never loved yourself half as much as I love you

You'll never treat yourself right darling but I want you to

If I let you know, I'm here for you

Maybe you'll love yourself like I love you"

Zain closed his eyes again.

"I've just let these little things slip out of my mouth

Because it's you, oh it's you, it's you they add up to"

He opened his eyes again and stared at Moona deep in her eyes. He had loved these eyes so much. Looking into her eyes he sang the last verse.

"And I'm in love with you

And all your little things!!"

He put the guitar on the side of the couch. Everybody was clapping at the end of the song. Moona came back to her senses. She silently came and sat by Salma on the couch. There was a storm going on in her mind. Zain was now talking with Yumna who was shocked after hearing his voice and was giving compliments excitedly. Only Moona was silent. No one had noticed the intensity except Khalil, who was looking at Zain with his mind lingering in deep thoughts.