36. FINDING MOONA!

Zain and Hashim were searching in every shop in the market. It was not a very big one but just some shops of grocery items. After ten minutes they both were standing in front of Zain's car.

"They are not here," Hashim said. Zain nodded, taking out his mobile. He again dialed Moona's number but no answer. He turned to a man.

"Excuse me. Did anything unusual happened here, today?" He asked. Hashim looked at him in disbelief.

"No, nothing happened here." He shook his head and went away.

"What was that?" Hashim asked him.

"I don't know. I am so scared right now." Zain sighed. Just then his phone rang, it was Moona's number.

"Now she is calling." He said picking up the call.

"Hello, Moona where have you been? We are so worried here." He shouted.

"Oh Mr. Zain, so you do get worried." A harsh voice came over the speaker. Zain quickly placed his hand on the microphone and turned to Hashim who was looking at him intently.

"Tell Usman to trace Moona's number." He said and put back the phone on his ear.

"Who are you?" He asked. This time his voice was cold.

"Me?? We haven't met yet." The voice came.

"What. Is. Your. Name?" Zain gritted looking at Hashim who was talking to Usman on the other side.

"Well, My name is Mazher."

"Mazher? Mazher who?" Zain asked, confused now.

"I told you, you don't know me," Mazher said.

"What do you want?" Zain asked.

"Your sister and the woman of your heart is here. With me."

"And why did you take them?" Zain asked bitterly.

"Don't you believe in an eye for an eye?"

"I do."

"That's what I am doing?"

"I don't understand you."

"A life for life. Khalid's life." And Zain froze in his place. Now he got the letter M. on the notes he received.

"You took the wrong people." He said.

"I want that file back. Give me that and the women will be free. Unharmed. You don't give that file to be. I can't guarantee their safety." Mazher said.

"You will not touch them," Zain said in a cold voice.

"That's your call. You have two hours to think about this." And the line was dead.

"Who was it?" Hashim asked.

"Mazher. The man who is behind all this." Zain sighed.

"What does he want?" He asked.

"That file," Zain said and went towards the passenger seat of his car. Hashim opened the door of the driving seat and sat in.

"So what are we gonna do?" Hashim asked.

"First we go home, then we will decide," Zain said and gestured him to start the car.

..........................

The lounge of Moona's house was silent. Salma was weeping silently as Khadija was sitting beside her to console her. Khalil was roaming in the room. Zain and Hashim were sitting silently in a corner. Usman was also sitting on the sofa while Shanzay had taken the children out in the lawn.