23. MOONA'S RESCUER

"Drop the gun or I'll shoot." The voice came from behind her. Moona turned around. Khalid had not dropped his gun. Suddenly, the gun fired and Khalid screamed in pain. Moona saw that there was blood coming out of his hands.

"I am a man of my word." Zain smiled at him and brought out hand cuffs from his pocket. He tied Khalid with a table in the office. Moona untied the man there.

"I am sorry for all this trouble. Go get some fresh air." She smiled and stood up. Zain was standing in the middle of the room. When Moona got up he grabbed her wrist and rushed out of the room. Moona picked up her bag quickly behind him. When they came out on the road, Zain dialed Usman's number on his mobile.

"Hello, Usman It's me Zain, Come to Aasim's company with a team, There is a man, Khalid, in Moona's room. I have caught him but I need the team to arrest him. Understand? Quickly!" He hung up. Moona was staring at him.

"How did you know I was in trouble?" She asked.

"I think there is a connection between us." Zain replied, covering his surroundings. Moona hurled her bag at him.

"Hey, that's how you greet people when they come back from a journey?" Zain said.

"Tell me how?" Moona asked.

"Alright Usman called me because my apartment is near your office, remember?? Actually I got back last night." Zain told her.

"Why didn't you call me when you got back?" Moona asked.

"Was I supposed to call you at 2 am?" Zain frowned. Moona didn't answer. "Where is the CD?" Zain asked.

"It's inside." Moona looked at him in fright.

"What??" Zain shouted.

"He asked me to bring the CD out otherwise he could have shot him." Moona said.

"You brought the CD to your office?? Bravo Moona!!" Zain yelled.

"What was I supposed to do?" Moona yelled back.

"Now go sit in my car and don't open the door until I or the team comes." Zain nodded towards the car. Moona nodded. He was about to run inside when Khalid appeared at the door. He had a gun in his hand. His guard behind. Before Zain could take out his gun Khalid fired at them,

"Moona get down." He yelled as Moona got behind him. The bullet reached Zain's shoulder. He fell down. Khalid got time and ran away.

"Zain!!!" Moona yelled at his unconscious state. She shook him violently. "Zain open your eyes. please. Zain." Tears were coming out of Moona's eyes.

"I will never shout at you, please wake up. You are frightening me." She cried. Zain smiled at her sentence.

"Are you alright?" Moona frowned.

"Yes. It's nothing to worry about, It's just a bullet." Zain smiled.

"And you didn't faint, did you?" Moona asked now holding him up to standing position.

"No I was kidding." Zain smiled at her. Moona reached for her bag placed on the footpath and hurled it at Zain's injured shoulder.

"Ahhh. Woman. Are you mad? Look the blood is still coming." He shouted, angrily. Then shook his head to gain consciousness.

"Where is Khalid?" He asked.

"There is a coffee house in the next street, he must have been enjoying himself there." Moona said. Zain smiled at her.

"Let's get the CD." He said and rushed inside. Moona followed him. But when they entered the room, they saw two pieces of the CD lying on the floor. Zain hit his fist on the wall with frustration.