Survival - Risks - Chapter 25

Start from the beginning

"Up next, Kang Minseok, his wife Joo Hyunji, and Kang Minah. They own a few nationwide banks and private buildings. Minah is currently dating Jeon Jungkook, the third-ranked alpha. However, the Kang and Jeons aren't allied. The rest of the 5th ranks are negligible," The nephew suddenly sucked in his breath when he heard the name Jeon Jungkook. Nervously, he chewed his lower lips. Maybe it's a different person, he thought.

"Next up- We have the fourth rank. Park Jimin, Kim Namjoon, Jung Hoseok, Shin Minho. Jimin is allied with Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook. Namjoon is allied with Kim Seokjin. Meanwhile, Hoseok and Minho recently allied with Min Yoongi, the 2nd rank alpha due to unknown reasons," The nephew blinked rapidly at Jimin's image. His face looks familiar... but where...?

"The third rank is the Jeons. The heir is Jeon Jungkook-" Everything went blank inside the guy's head as he sat staring at the familiar face. It is him. I was right, he thought. The guy was baffled but looking back at the cars he saw and the way Jungkook dresses, it made sense. So, Sora's working for an alpha? That's why she's so depressed and upset. Guilt filled the guy's chest as he sat worrying about the innocent girl, trapped in the society. He should warn her.

"The 2nd rank is the Min, Min Yoongi. He was one of the anonymous alphas to reveal his identity after being attacked by Lee Mira. The Mins have been playing dirty, brewing up conflicts between households. However, the Mins didn't leave their mansion for almost a month now. The reason behind their absence is unknown. Their security was heightened for the past few weeks too- so we're still investigating his case,"

"And finally... the top supreme alphas. First is Kim Taehyung. His household possesses 20% of prominent corporations and estates nationwide. His household recently transferred Lotte Tower to the Jang,"

"The second supreme alpha is Kim Seokjin. He also holds 20% of the nation's assets. They have immense control over the political system of South Korea. An extremely powerful household. And lastly, we have-"

"SORA?!" The nephew suddenly burst in shock. His jaw dropped in disbelief as he stared at Sora's picture, blood draining from his face. He couldn't comprehend it. He felt dizzy. He couldn't believe the depressed and innocent-looking girl is a supreme alpha. She's been lying to him all along... he thought he was just assuming things, but here he is... staring at her right at her.

"D-do you happen to know her?" Ajusshi asked as he stared at his nephew with his curious eyes. The guy snapped back to reality- only to find the crowd of people staring intensely at him. He began sweating nervously. He needed more time to process all of the information.

"N-no. I don't know her. I just happened to read aloud her unique name," The guy gulped while shaking his head. He was devastated. He kept glancing at Sora's picture. He felt betrayed. She lied to him about Jungkook and herself. Why? But something was bothering him. There's so much more about her... despite having everything... Why is she so depressed?

"Ah. Good, keep her name in mind. She might be the biggest culprit amongst them all, Bogum-shi. Jang Sora is the crowned supreme alpha owning over 30% of the nation's assets economically, politically, and socially. She's been anonymous her entire life until she was revealed last year. She initially dated Min Yoongi long before she was exposed to the alpha's society. But they split up after Yoongi's parents tried to harm her. So, she's now dating Park Jimin and has been protecting his household ever since. She's also known as the rule-breaker. She takes risky actions and has been initiating disastrous troubles. She's our main target," The ajusshi declared, turning back to the slides. Bogum's head was throbbing from the weight of the truth. For some reason, he was anxious and scared at the same time. Sora always complained about her life, she was always drinking... and that Jungkook guy was always watching her... she hated her life.