Chapter 42 | Will He Forgive

It's been quite some time since your father returned to his former position on the Jedi council. And since then Jedi life has been running smoothly, apart from Anakin. Ahsoka gave you updates on her relationship with him, but it was progressing slowly. But for yourself, you've barely spoken to him. You've definitely had the chance too, but you opted to keep quiet.

But right now, you were with your father, walking towards the barracks of the 212th Battalion. Obi-wan hasn't seen any of them since he returned and you felt it would be a nice surprise for the battalion.

"I see you're still limping." Your father points out.

You wave him off. "I'm fine. Soon I won't feel a thing."

Walking through the doors into the barracks, you notice majority of the clones are having dinner in the mess hall.

"I have an idea. I'll give you a grand entrance. Just stay round the corner and come out when I tell you." You whisper to your father, walking towards the noisy hall.

Your father rolls his eyes. "I look forward to seeing how this will play out."

You get a jog going and enter the hall yelling "212th!". But only a couple troopers turned their heads and gave you a "Hey General."

"Um, 212th Battalion! I have a surprise for you!" You scream clapping your hands, still gaining not much attention. It wasn't usually this hard. You then figured yelling wouldn't work so you jumped up onto one of the tables being careful not to ruin your men's food. You pulled out your lightsaber and ignited it, holding it above your head.

All your troops turned their heads in surprise.

"Sorry, I was just trying to grab your attention." You admit with a chuckle. You put your lightsaber back on your belt and start walking down the table.

"Now, it was not very long ago when I first became your general. And I must say that I have so quickly come to appreciate and love each and every single one of you. I know that Obi-wan has been your general since the start, and it pained me to see him go, and I know it hurt a lot for all of you too. But..." You said as you stopped before you reached the end of the table.

"You don't have to feel that pain anymore. Come out Obi-wan!" You cheer. All the clones drop what they were doing and looked towards the door where you came from. You could hear some small mutters of excitement. They will love to see him again. After a short moment Obi-wan was nowhere to be seen.

"Uhh, father? Time to come out." You said nervously. You noticed a few heads drop in disappointment.

"Really General? Very funny." You were scolded.

"No it's not a joke." You exclaim. The clones didn't believe you and soon all were back eating their dinner and chatting amongst themselves. As your eyes cross over the whole room you spot your father, leaning against a wall, arms crossed.

You exhale audibly. Of course he would be there.

"I'm sorry I just couldn't help myself. It was far too easy." Your father remarks. All of the clones then turn to see him and start to cheer and get up. They all crowd around your father and start to get into some conversation.

"Wait, so who's our general now?" You heard one of the clones ask. The rest of his brothers started to avert their gaze back and forth between you and your father.

"I haven't given it much thought. It's up to Obi-wan if he wishes to come back." You explain with a shrug.

"Why don't you both be generals?" Cody suggested. Everyone looked at him like he was crazy, including yourself.

"What? It's allowed, I mean there is no harm from it." Cody explains. You look over to your father, reading his expression, he seems aboard.

"What do ya say?" You ask across the room.

"Father and son...General and General." He announces with a proud smile on his face.

All the clones erupted in applause and excitement. You got many pats on the back as you stepped off of the table, too many to count.