Chapter 40 | Blades of Red

His crimson blade ever so slowly seeped into your skin. The feeling of being slowly sliced across your stomach was indescribable in pain.

Maul hovered over you, his teeth clenched as he focused on not killing you, only maiming you. "This is exactly how I felt." He smiled, then looked over to your father who was being held back by the strength of Savage.

"Would you look at you. My former servant, still an animal. And you have someone new to be a servant for." Chirped a croaky female voice somewhere in the ship. Maul's blade came away from your body and all his focus on you went to finding out who that mysterious voice was.

As soon as he let you go, you closed your eyes and did your best to stay as still as you could.

"This is my brother." Savage mutters.

"A brother! He looks like he's not even half the man that you are Savage." The voice continued, echoing against the flat metal walls.

"(y/n)! (y/n), are you okay!?" Your father asked in urgency, crawling over to you, Savage had let him go.

You remained still. "I'm alive." You managed to release a few words from your mouth.

You heard the stranger's sadistic and maniacal laughs, coming from every direction like she was circling her pray. You glanced to see Maul and Savage talking closely. You all then heard a door quickly shut. The two horned men were quick to investigate, jumping to the second floor and disappearing from your view.

"My dear Obi-wan, what have you got yourself into now?" The voice echoed, approaching the two of you. You were surprised that his strange woman knew of your father.

"Ventress?" Obi-wan questioned in surprise, as he was helped back to his feet. You knew that name. She was a separatist assassin who hasn't been seen in some time. You wondered what her business could be here.

"Well guess what? Now I'm here to rescue you and your poor friend." Ventress responds slyly.

"Why did you have to wait so long to lend us some assistance?" You exasperated, staring at the ceiling.

She walked up to you and stared down at you. This was the first time ever seeing her in person. "I have my reasons." She spits in a commanding tone.

"The witch and the Jedi." Savage started with his booming voice, exiting a sliding door on the second floor of the ship.

"Here for our taking." Maul continued, igniting his lightsaber.

The former assassin hands one of her curved blades to your father. "I want that back!" Ventress snarls.

"That's fine. I'm not sure I quite suit red." Your father responds.

Three more blades are ignited and now the humming is all that you can hear. Obviously you knew you couldn't hold a lightsaber, you could barely move. So, you opted on staying out of sight, letting the others fight. The crates which Maul threw you onto should provide some cover.

The fight begins with the two Zabraks leaping down and swinging their blades to in in all crimson lightsaber duel. As you anticipated Maul attacks your father while Ventress battles Savage. Ventress quickly loses her saber and is forced to dodge and weave the attacks coming from the yellow night brother.

"Ventress catch!" Your father shouts across the room. You feel helpless as Ventress is only barely able to ignite the blade in time to save herself from Savage. Your father has ignited his own blade now and he stays defensive whilst Maul blasts him with quick aggressive attacks.

Obi-wan is launched into a pile of cargo like yourself by the strong feet of Maul. But unlike you your father gets up swiftly and climbs the cargo to the second floor.