Chapter 9 | Padawans Lost

Your eyes opened to the early morning sun rising above the horizon on this planet unknown to you. Despite waking up, without a clue of where you were in the galaxy, it was the most pleasant morning you have ever experienced. Because right next to you, with her arms around your waist, her head resting on your shoulder was Ahsoka.

It's so reassuring to see the girl you've been thinking about non stop for weeks now, fast asleep cuddling into your side. You lightly rub her forehead with your thumb trying to peacefully wake her up. After a couple seconds her eyes start to flicker open while you keep rubbing back and forth ever so gently. Her eyes now fully open turn to look up to you. She looks into your eyes and a smile creeps it's way onto her face.

"Morning Soka." You say in a soothing voice smiling down at her, looking into her eyes. 'How is she so beautiful?'

"We should go and keep looking for their base." You tell her, sadly reminding you both that you are in a very dangerous situation, which dampened the smile on her face.

"Just, a little longer." Ahsoka yawns as she closes her eyes and snuggles up closer to you. 'I can't resist her.'

"Ok, just for a bit." You agreed. Ahsoka held you tighter and you wrapped your arms around her, both of you sighing in content.

~

After quite a while had passed you knew that the two of you should get up and start searching. You pulled your legs closer to you and placed your hand against the wall and the ground to slowly push yourself up. Ahsoka was still clinging to your waist.

"No, let me help you up." Ahsoka told you. You remained with your back to the wall and feet in front of you in a squatting position. Ahsoka quickly bounced up and stood in front of you. She reached her hands towards yours. You interlaced your fingers with her and she pulled you off of the wall of the tree into her arms.

"I don't know if you're gonna be able to get around like this." She admits.

"I'll be fine, it's only a flesh wound." You said walking out of the tree into the sunlight. Ahsoka surprisingly jumped up and grabbed onto a thick branch, she span herself on top of the branch and then proceeded to jump to another branch higher up.

"Then do that." Ahsoka challenged, looking down at you with a small smirk.

"Easy." You replied to her, you knew it wasn't going to be easy. You jumped and held onto the first branch with only your right arm. You tried to pull yourself up but your one arm wasn't strong enough, so you slowly reached with your left arm to grab the branch as well. But as soon as you did, you felt an immediate surge of pain. The pain caused you to drop down onto the ground and fall on the rough soil as you held your wound.

You heard Ahsoka jump down from the tall tree and land in front of you. She came into view as she slowly walked towards you till she stopped hovering over your legs. Then she knelt down to eye level.

"Yeah, you aren't going anywhere." She said to your face with a slightly demotivated expression.

"But-"

"No buts (y/n). I'll go out searching today. You stay here and rest up." Ahsoka interrupted in her soothing voice whilst both of her hands came to cup your cheeks. You gave her a slight nod in agreement. She gave you a quick kiss on the lips and then stood up getting ready to run off.

"I'll be back before you know it." She says to you before running off into the jungle. You watch her bound around until eventually you cant see her any more.

You pull yourself back into the tree where you slept and just sit there thinking about Ahsoka. 'I hope she's OK.' You thought. You sat in the same spot for the entire day, thinking about some possible strategies to get out or get help, but mostly just thinking about Ahsoka. 'I wish I was with her.'