Chapter 38 | A Sinister Presence

It's been a couple days since you got back from Crait, and you're slowly easing back into Jedi life amidst all the complications that occurred when you returned. Though you don't think Ahsoka has completely. She told you that she still doesn't feel right, or comfortable around her master.

You know it must be difficult it for her to have this memory which is now engraved in her mind always pop up when she sees or thinks of Anakin. The few times you've seen them together, Ahsoka barely utters a word in his direction. You notice Anakin has the intent to treat their relationship like it previously was, but sadly not a word he says doesn't make Ahsoka uncomfortable.

Whilst you sit in your quarters and meditate on their relationship, your mind is brought out of your thoughts by the beeping of your communicator on your small desk. It's rare you get called on that so you got up intrigued.

You look at the location of the call.

"Mandalore." You mutter. It must be your mother.

You answer the call and "Father!?" You questioned shocked, seeing Obi-wan pop up on the hologram.

For the past two or so weeks you have had zero communication with him, nothing except the lingering feeling of your force bond.

"Hello (y/n). How are you?" He asks, a wide smile on his face.

"I'm doing all right. A little surprised to see you here that's for sure." You remark.

"Well, I didn't think communicating with you would be as hard as it is. So, I went to the only place I knew I could contact you that's not apart of the republic."

"And where is Satine?" You ask.

"(y/n). You don't call your mother by her first name do you?" He asked jokingly.

"No, sorry. Where is mom?" You laugh.

"She must be out at the moment, having a meeting I presume." He replies, looking around at his surroundings.

"So, do you live on Mandalore now?" You assume.

"No, I was able to buy a small ship and I've been living in that. I am about to head back to Stewjon if you would like to meet me there?" He suggests.

"Of course. That would be great. I have a free day tomorrow, so I'll be there." You reply quickly with excitement.

"Great news. I'm afraid I might have to cut our call short. I really shouldn't be using the Duchess of Mandalores communicator without her permission." Obi-wan admits with a chuckle.

You laugh. "Have you not even spoken with Mom yet?"

"I have, thank you very much. I just didn't have enough time to ask her permission." He admits.

"Alright alright." You chuckle.

"Goodbye dad. I'll see you..." You notice that you didn't have his attention. His eyes were trained on one spot in front of him as he seemed to be deep in thought.

"Is something wrong?" You query, slightly confused.

"I just felt something." He breathed.

"What?"

"It was something so...sinister." He answers. A moment of silence dawns upon the conversation, until your father looked up to you with concern.

"Be careful (y/n). Goodbye." He said, you could tell his words were serious.

"I will. Goodbye father." You say hesitantly.

The call is then quickly ended by your father, which leaves you sitting at the table, just wondering. It seemed to instantly take his attention away, it must've been quite strong. What can be so strong and sinister?

But once more, you didn't have time to dawn on these thoughts, as now your comlink was flashing yellow, signalling you were being called. "People can't get enough of me." You muttered, tapping the yellow ring on your comlink.