Chapter 30 | The Departure

"I'm sorry Obi-wan, but you are no longer a Jedi." Those words from Master Windu shook you. You look at all the master's around the room and none of them seem happy with this final decision. Obi-wan let a few tears roll down his face as he looked to the floor in front of him.

"How...How can you do this!?" You yelled.

"Control yourself Padawan." Said Master Windu.

"His relationship was over 17 years ago! He was still a Padawan!" You screamed.

"It doesn't matter (l/n). Having a child is too big of a commitment to forgive. And if we don't punish Master Kenobi for his betrayal of the order, then that would send the wrong message, to our younger generations of Jedi." He replied.

Your fists clenched. "Obi-wan is one of the most wise, intelligent and powerful Jedi of this order! He is the perfect example of what a Jedi should be!"

"Not anymore." Windu replied simply. You looked to Master Plo, eager for him to say something, to intervene and save Obi-wan, but he all he did was stare with a lack of any emotion at you. You did the same with Master Yoda, but still only a stare.

"You will leave tonight Obi-wan." Windu stated. "Now please, leave us. We have more matters to discuss." You can't believe this man, this is the way the Master of the order treats his fellow Jedi? You take one step toward him, your anger fueling your actions. But you don't get any further on the account of your father holding your arm to stop you from doing something you'll regret.

Obi-wan turns and slowly leaves the council chambers. You take one final stare at Master Windu and reluctantly follow your father. The door is quick to close behind you as soon as you exit.

"I'm sorry father. I shouldn't have told anyone about it." You cry. Obi-wan turns around and looks up at you.

"(y/n), this is not your fault. It's mine, and I...must take the blame for this." He replied, his hands cupping your cheeks.

"Where will you go?" You ask hesitantly.

"I...don't know." He replies with an unsteady and uncertain tone.

"Wherever you go, I'll visit you every free chance I get." You confirm with confidence.

"(y/n), you don't have to do that."

"Yes I do. I want you to be a part of my life. I will do my best to try and help you get your position back, but I doubt that Master Windu will listen to anything I say." You conclude glumly.

"Even though we had only recently found each other. I couldn't be happier to call you my son (y/n)." You let out a weak smile and wrap your arms around your father, him doing the same. You had just discovered this amazing connection with Obi-wan, and now he was being ripped away from you. You let out a cry into his robes and pull away.

"Let's go and pack my belongings." Obi-wan says. This sends shivers down your spine, but you still nod and accept.

~

"I could go back to Stewjon, but I wouldn't have a clue as to where my parents are." Your father suggests just as he finishes packing everything and zips up his luggage. He throws his bag over his shoulder and looks up at you. You almost start to cry just seeing him likes this.

"I should get Anakin ." You tell him.

"Please don't, I don't want to make this too hard on him." He begged.

"Father, you have to say goodbye to him, you're basically his brother."

Obi-wan sighs. "Oh all right. I just don't want to hurt him."