Chapter 34 | General Duties

You woke up to that annoying beeping sound emanating from your comlink. You moaned and groaned as you sat up in bed. With a quick force pull, your comlink was off Ahsoka's desk and in your hand for you to turn off.

Ahsoka remained asleep for the duration of your alarm and was now quietly resting on your lap. Ahsoka had told you to wake her but she was just so adorable, quietly snoring away on your lap. You really didn't want to wake her but you don't imagine she'd be too happy if you didn't say goodbye.

You methodically and slowly caress her face markings, brushing your fingers across her forehead and lightly tapping her cheeks which made her eyes flicker open.

"Morning Soka." You hum, caressing her forehead.

"Good morning." She yawned.

"You made a mistake waking me up." Ahsoka continued.

"Why is that?"

"Because I'm not going to let you go." Ahsoka said wrapping her arms around your stomach and holding on tight.

You chuckled. "Ahsoka." You scolded playfully.

"You're not going on that mission anymore." Ahsoka claims, letting out a giggle.

"Ahsoka you don't want to do this."

"Yes I do. You're staying with me." She asserted, holding you tighter by the waist.

"Ahsoka, if you don't let me go, I'm going to have to get you off myself." You warned.

"Well I'm never gonna let go."

"We'll see about that." You said.

With Ahsoka wrapping her arms around you, you reach under her arms and start to tickle her. She tries to hold her grip on you and contain her laughter, but she can't do it. She eventually let's go of you and starts to tickle you back. The two of you roll around the bed together, laughing while tickling each other. The small fight ends with you victorious, pinning Ahsoka's arms against the bed with yourself on top of her.

You laugh. "How do you do this to me? I'm about to go on my first mission as a General, and I'm here having a tickle fight a couple hours before I leave."

"Well, you do it because you love me and you're just your true self with me. No ranks or tags." Ahsoka teased.

You smile at her sweet comment. Leaning down you capture her soft lips between yours and make sure to enjoy this kiss while it lasts as it may be the last for some time.

Your lips break away from hers and once again you are hovering over her, staring into those beautiful ocean blue eyes.

"Ahsoka. I've got to go now." You admit, a gloomy frown softening on your lips. Ahsoka gives an accepting yet melancholy nod.

You get off of the bed and start to get dressed with Ahsoka sitting cross-legged on the bed, watching you.

Finally, You pulled on your large robe and attached both lightsabers to your belt, and proceeded to attach your comlink to your wrist. You noticed Ahsoka get up from the bed and walk over to you while you were finishing getting ready. You opened your arms and Ahsoka instantly wrapped her arms around your waist. You wrap your arms around her shoulders which makes Ahsoka pretty much enveloped in your large robe.

For a long moment, the two of you stay standing together, just enjoying each other's embrace. You both knew you'd be missing this feeling very quickly.

"I'm going to miss you." Ahsoka comments quietly.

"I'm gonna miss you too." Ahsoka hesitantly pulls away from your embrace and stands in front of you, looking you deeply in the eyes.