Chapter 35 | Imperfection

Ahsoka's POV

(y/n) had just left my room. It was early in the morning, so I went back to bed to try and get some extra sleep. Even though (y/n) had left on his mission to Crait, meaning our date to Alderaan would have to be another day, I still had the day off.

For quite a while I just rested in bed, staring deeply into the picture of (y/n) and I on that perfect day. I was so excited to feel like that again, but sadly that will have to wait.

~

"Hey Snips. Why the long face?" Anakin asked amused. I glared at him, telling him that I wasn't in the mood for his sarcasm today.

His face actually turned to one of compassion as I sat down across the table from him. "Ahsoka, what's wrong?" He asked genuinely.

"Well, I had plans today to go out with a friend today, and I was really looking forward to it. But he had to leave for an unscheduled important mission." I ramble, playing with my food.

"Well that's not something to ruin your day over." He claimed.

"And, maybe that's a good thing. Maybe you should be spending less time with this one specific friend. You don't want to get attached to him." Anakin explained, taking one of the final bites from his breakfast.

What is Anakin talking about?

"I-I thought you liked him Master." I stuttered nervously, I was beyond confused.

"I do like him. It's just that he isn't someone I would ever solely rely on and trust."

My mouth never closes, when has he ever felt like this towards (y/n)?

"What do you mean?" I beg for him to elaborate.

"This friend is someone who is going through a lot in his life, to no fault of his own. And all of these changes and discoveries are playing with his head. He could easily get caught up in all his emotions, which could lead to him not being entirely the person he wants to be, and that could be quite dangerous mentally for you...m-maybe even physically."

My breath felt like it was pulled out of me. Each word he uttered was replaying in my head, trying to make sense of it all. When did Anakin ever feel this way?

"Are you saying...that you think (y/n) would hurt me?" I choked.

"Not on purpose Ahsoka." He made clear.

I stayed still on my seat, examining my master's face. Surely this is some trick or joke.

"I just think you should take a step back, look at him as a whole, and do what's best for you Ahsoka."

I slowly get up from my seat, continuing to keep eye contact with my master, and I do take a step back. And a few more step backs. Then I decide to just turn around waltz out of the dining hall, leaving my fresh breakfast on the table and my Master confused at my actions.

I kept on walking, past the medical bay and past mine and (y/n)'s quarters. Once I arrived at the landing bay, I hop on my personal speeder and leave the temple, heading towards the expensive residential district where many politicians and senators reside.

~

Three times I wrap on the door, my usual amount in quick succession.

"Just a second Ani." I heard Padmé yell from somewhere in her apartment.

"It's not Anakin." I yell back, rolling my eyes when I said his name. The door then quickly opens and Padmé greets me with a relieved smile.

"Ahsoka, how are you?" Padmé greets me with a hug.