Chapter 17 | The Unexpected Bond

You continue to eat your lunch, enjoying the taste of the freshly made dish as the calm breeze from the water slowly crashed against your cheek. You look over to Ahsoka across from you, who was just sitting with her hands in her lap, deep in thought.

"Are you all right Soka?" You asked, whilst continuing to eat.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She simply replies, though it was easy to tell she wasn't fine. You waited a moment before she would inevitably continue.

"I'm just confused. Like, why did Padmé have Anakin's comm and how did she know you'd be with me? I only told Anakin that I was going out today."

"Well, I'm sure Anakin let her use it, and he probably told her about you going out for the day." You remark not thinking too much about it.

"Yeah, but how did she know that I was out with you? How does she know we're together? Are we not being careful enough?" Ahsoka fretted, her bottom lip lightly starting to shake.

You grabbed one of her hands across the table, comforting her "Ahsoka, I told Padmé that were together." You clarified slowly.

"You did?" She looked down to her lap.

"Why?" She asked in uncertainty.

"It was...on that day that I broke up with you. I wanted to talk to her. I wasn't intending to tell her but, she figured it out quite easily." You admitted.

"So, maybe we should be more careful?"

"...Yeah maybe." You softly confirmed, rubbing your thumb across the back of her hand.

"...But...this still doesn't explain how she got Anakin's comm though. On days off Anakin usually hangs out in the lower levels of Coruscant. Padmé wouldn't go down there." Ahsoka reasoned.

'Anakin, please don't choke me for this.'

"Okay Ahsoka, listen to me." You whispered, she leaned in closer across the table.

"Now I'm sure Anakin wouldn't want me telling you this but...him and Padmé are...married." Ahsoka's jaw dropped in disbelief.

"Married!?"

"Yep, they have been for two years." You replied as you started to eat your meal once again. Ahsoka took a few seconds of silently sitting still, with her orange jaw dropped as she processed the information.

For the next half an hour or so, Ahsoka starting asking dozens of questions about Padmé and Anakin, none of which you knew the answer to. You'd both finished your meals and were know walking hand in hand through the streets on the waterfront.

"But like, do they even have rings?" Ahsoka questioned, more to herself than you.

"Well, probably. They just can't really wear them very often." You replied. Which made you think. 'Would Ahsoka and I have to hide our relationship for the rest of our lives?' You didn't want that.

In your thoughts you spotted a jewellery shop just across the road. You'd love to be able to get something nice for your girl.

"Hey, wanna go in there?" You asked, nudging Ahsoka. But she didn't acknowledge you, she kept staring into space.

You leaned down, placing your chin on her shoulder to grab her attention. "Ahsokaaaa."

"Sorry, sorry. I was just...um.." She trailed off, turning round and looking back into your eyes. You had both stopped on the side of the path to not be in the way.

"You were..." You ushered, wanting her to continue.

"I was hoping that we won't have to live like that, for the rest of our days. I'd want to wear anything you gave me every single waking moment." She gushed, bringing a smile to your face. 'I love this girl so much.'