Chapter 97 | Father

Wolffe POV

"Rex!?" I screamed. As soon as I entered the cockpit, I saw a clone in worn blue and white armor. I spotted the helmet and I instantly made the connection to my good friend.

"Stand back Commander!" Rex warned. He pulled one blaster from his belt and pointed at me. I didn't have any weapon and there was nothing close to me. So, I obeyed his command and walked till my back hit the wall next to the door.

"Rex, it's just me." I shouted, trying to sound convincing.

"Cut the shit Commander Wolffe. Did you not think I was informed that CC-3636 was acting in violation of Order 66!? Rex spat, his hand remaining steady, the barrel of his blaster pointing straight for my forehead. Once again, I scoured the area close for me to something to fight with but there was nothing.

"Rex, I am not disobeying anything!" I stated firmly.

"Then tell me why you requested to travel to this desert? And have been living around here with the Jedi!?" Rex demanded while waving the blaster around in my face.

"I...I-I was kidnapped by the Jedi. (y/n) Kryze forced me to take him here." I stuttered as quick as I can. Desperately trying to think of a reply but I knew it wasn't believable.

Rex looked down to the ground in thought, he gave a slight shake of his head before returning his gaze back to me.

"Commander Wolffe. You are in violation of Order 66. I accuse you of treason against the Grand Army of the Republic. You'll be demoted in rank from Commander and subject to execution!" Rex yelled furiously.

I never thought Rex would ever...or could ever speak these words to me. To threaten me this way. It just wasn't him. None of my brothers were themselves anymore. It just breaks my heart.

Padmé POV

When I sat down with my babies Wolffe went into the cockpit to at the very least start the ship in preparation for getting off this planet. But since he's been gone the shuttle hadn't done anything and I could definitely hear voices from the cockpit.

I made sure that (y/n), Leia and Luke were all strapped into one seat nicely so they wouldn't be going anywhere. I hated leaving them, but I needed to find out what was going on. So, I quietly waddled my way closer to the door of the cockpit.

"Commander Wolffe. You're in violation of Order 66. I accuse you of treason against the Grand Army of the Republic. You'll be demoted in rank from Commander and subject to execution!" Spat the voice from a clone. There must've been another clone already on the ship.

"Hands behind your head Wolffe." The clone demanded once again. And from the lack of any other noise I assumed that Wolffe was obeying the orders of the clone. But I can't let this happen.

Even when I was staying in the hut on the hill waiting to give birth I made sure to take one of my blasters with me, which right now hung at my belt covered by my jacket so no one would see me and take it from me. I am a woman who always wants to be able to defend herself and others. And now was time to use it.

I step into the doorway to see a blue and white clone with his blaster pointed to Wolffe's head. At first glance he looked recognizable, but I couldn't place a name. I had set my blaster to stun and shot at the clone.

I must have been relatively slow with my shooting because the clone quickly dodged the few stun shots and they flew into the window of the cockpit behind him. I heard both the clone and Wolffe hit the ground as Wolffe launched an attack on the clone to try and disarm him.

I stayed behind the frame of the door as I heard the two clones struggle. But eventually it came to a stop. I took a quick peek and Wolffe was on top of the clone who now had his helmet off with the blaster on the other side of the cockpit.