Chapter 39 | Share My Pain

"It can't be. I remember killing him myself." Obi-wan states strongly, not believing you.

"I'm afraid it is true father. The temple received a message from Raydonia this morning. Maul will continue to kill innocent lives until you confront him." You get to the point quickly.

"I would like to see this message." Your Father remarks. You nod and pull out the drive that Master Windu gave you. You start the message and look away, not wanting to see the horror caused by this monster, though you still hear it.

After hearing the message end, you turn back to your father.

"I have no choice but to go." He says.

"The council actually requested that I bring you back to Coruscant. But I'm sure you do not wish to return." You assume.

"No, I won't return to the temple. We must go alone."

"We? Did you not here Maul? 'Come alone!' I can't go!" You respond, not wanting to put more innocents lives in danger.

"(y/n), we are father and son. We must go together." He attests, walking up to you.

"But Maul so obviously seeks revenge against you. He must've been suffering so badly for the past 13 years because of you. He will do anything to watch you suffer. I do not think it will be safe for either of us, if my presence is there." You explain timidly. You felt small and scared in this position. You'd never even thought of meeting or facing a Sith.

"(y/n), we are both Kenobi. I was not strong enough to defeat Maul on Naboo, but together, we can end the terror he is bringing upon our galaxy." Your Father confirms, lightly grabbing both of your shoulders.

You looked up into his eyes. He didn't seem nervous or unsure about his decision. And to you, he is your father and a trustworthy superior. So, you bestowed your trust in him.

"Ok. I will come with you to Raydonia. And if we fight Maul, you might need this." You accept, offering your father his lightsaber back. He smiles and grabs the weapon from your hand.

~

"Well, after I got the promotion to general. I started spending more time with the 212th rather than the 104th. They are extremely focused and determined soldiers." You told your father, who was sitting in the co-pilot seat of your ship while you were traveling through hyperspace.

"After about a week or two, we were needed for our first mission together. We were sent to the-"

"I'm sure that you are not allowed to tell people like me that information anymore." Your father interrupts.

"I don't care. You're my dad, and I would like to tell you what I have been up to. It's not the first time I've disobeyed restrictions." You reply snappily.

"Not the first time?" Your father questioned with his voice getting higher. You sit and silence and don't respond, instead staring into the dark blackness of space. You shouldn't have said that.

"(y/n), would this have anything to do with the time you were meditating on the thoughts of...attachment?" He queries, his whole focus on you.

"No." You dismiss. "But, it does have something to do with that day." You quickly start.

"Go on."

"The book you were reading when I entered the public space. I looked at it and I took it with me to educate myself. Do you remember what book it was?" You asked.

"I believe it was on a forbidden force ability, correct?"

"Yep. Force judgment." You announce.

"I'm beginning to master the ability. Master Plo actually now teaches me on how to use it correctly." You explain, putting a look of surprise on your father's face.