Chapter 41 | In Your Head

"I love you (y/n)." You hear Ahsoka's soft and gentle voice, it sounded like she was all around you. Her voice was the only thing you could hear.

"I love you too." You muttered quietly. And that's what brought you out of your sleep. Your eyes fluttered open, and there in front of you was an orange beauty you knew would be sat there. Though, you noted that she looked drastically confused.

"Why did you say that?" She asked intently.

You looked around the room, discovering you were in the med bay. This isn't a dream, right?

"Because I love you?" You suggested, more asking her. This was confusing.

"Yeah but why did you say too? I didn't say, 'I love you'." Ahsoka claimed confidently. What is she on about?

You chuckled. "Okay, I'm confused. I one hundred percent heard you gently say 'I Love you (y/n).'" You informed her.

"Well I never said it. But I was thinking it." Ahsoka admits, looking intently into your eyes.

You try and connect these dots. "So you're saying I heard your thoughts?" You assume. Ahsoka silently nods as her soft hands comes to rest softly on your arm.

"I'm pretty certain you did." Ahsoka says. "Umm, cause yesterday when you were, presumably fighting Maul. I think I felt your pain." She reveals. Eye contact never broke.

"M-my pain?"

She nods. "Yeah. It was just slight aching pains where my skin got really warm, in 5 separate places."

She lightly trails her delicate fingers across your right arm. "Two in the right arm." Her hand then comes to your left. "One on the left." Then her hand trails down your torso. "One across my stomach." And finally her fingers glide down your leg. "And one just above the left knee." She finished, reconnecting eye contact.

You looked at her with pure amazement and bewilderment.

"I-I don't know what to say, or how to feel." You admit plainly.

"I talked about this with Master Plo. He told me that we could be a dyad, two that are one." Ahsoka explained.

"So, did Master Plo tell you that-"

"He knows? Yep" Ahsoka finished, popping her lips.

"Well I've never heard of a dyad before." You chuckle.

Ahsoka laughs. "Neither."

"I mean, I don't suppose it could be bad, or cause any harm." Ahsoka brought up.

"Well if you're not hurt from what I went through then I think it should be alright." You contribute.

Ahsoka hums in agreement. Then proceeds to stand up from her seat and hover over you. "I'm so glad you're okay. I was so worried when I felt your pain and heard your screams." She whispers in a shaky voice.

"I adore how you care for me." You say, looking up into her majestic eyes, them only being a few inches from your own eyes.

Ahsoka eliminated that distance between you and her, and captures your lips into a quick but passionate and relieved kiss.

~

Ahsoka just sat with you for the duration of your day, just chatting and enjoying each others presence. She of course had training to attend, but after that she stayed by your side. Whenever it was only the two of you in the room she sat on your bed with you, her shoulder squished up against yours.

It was beginning to fade into night on Coruscant, and Ahsoka headed off to get you both some dinner. And while you were waiting, drumming on your legs to keep you entertained, you heard footsteps enter the room. But it wasn't Ahsoka, it was your father.

"Good evening (y/n)." He greeted you in a rather positive attitude, even a small smile on your face.

"Good evening father." You grinned.

"I'm glad to see you awake, but how are your wounds?" He asks, approaching your side.

"They hurt, a lot." You chuckled. "But, I know they'll get better pretty quickly."