Chapter 26

Nico Robin

I took a chance and put my arms around him and let him cry until there seemed to be no more tears in which he would be able to shed.

    "I may be of any help?" I asked him.

When he did finally look at me, his eyes were so sad, and I took my hand and softly brushed away the tears flowing down his cheeks.

I asked him once again. "If there was anything I could do for you?"

     "Yes, please take care of her J. I must handle those things between me and my woman."

     "How are you going to handle anything out here all alone and crying the way you are, K?" I then looked at him, but he just looked at me in hopeful gazed. "Okay, if that's what you want. I'll take care of her. But always call and update me."

He hugged me tight and I did the same. I'm here in New York. Living with Kian Jordan but he needs to leave. There's something important that he needed to do.

I sighed. I sat in the couch.

It's been three years.

Dito ako namalagi ng more than two years. Hindi ako nagtagal sa Aklan. Sa probinsya ni Tatay Fernando and I left my siblings there because my company needs me here. Naintindihan naman nila ako and they visited me here once or twice a year.

I really want to go home to my family, but I'm not yet finished my business in here. I need more months before I left the company to Kian. Pero I think madagdagan na naman ang stay ko rito because Kian was busy on something that very essential to him.

Sumandal ako sa sandalan and closed my eyes. Wala pa akong maayos na tulog simula nung nag-launch ng another products ang business ko dito sa New York. I was about to fall asleep when I heard an angel voice calling me. I smiled from ear to ear.

    "Mommy?" She slowly walked towards me.

I fall in love with this little angel in front of me when the first time I laid my eyes on her. God, I love her so much.

    "Sweetie, did I wake you up?" I sweetly asked her.

She gave me her sweetest smile like an angel. I've never been lucky in love. I expected every single word I've been told, every little fake emotion I thought real so far. All along the road this past three years, I was guided by an angel. The one who protected me from harm, wiped away my tears. The one who brought this joy and happiness to my life. This little girl was a bright angel. A shiny diamond. She gave me a true meaning of my life once again. She gave me a new color of my life.

But now, I have turned into a person who doesn't care about anyone any more except for my family. And today, I am mature and heartbreaks have washed off the unreal shimmer of such feelings.

I saw how strong I actually was. I rechanneled all the love I felt for Mara to myself. I started loving myself the way I used to love her. Not only that, but I started treating myself with care and I finally prioritized myself.

No, it wasn’t easy, and I never claimed it was, because I struggle hadn’t finished there. And this decision was not at all easy to make. But I knew it was the right one. I figured out how to love myself, and I am embracing it.