A meeting with the tailed beasts

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH LOVELY PEOPLE!

Is it really Naruto without flashbacks, no, so here's a flashback to a plot I meant to write but never did, it's important to the rest of this story making sense!

I know this chapter is short but I wanted to publish something while I work on the final war scene. I plan to have the next, long chapter out within the week!

"Are you sure this is going to work?" Sasuke questioned, his brows still furrowed together in bafflement.

"Nope." Naruto and I responded much too cheerily. Sasuke pinched the bridge of his nose letting out the deepest sigh. Naruto and I each threw an arm around the brooding teen knowing that was his acceptance to our plan.

"Hn, if we get trapped inside his mind with a rage monster, it's all your fault, freak." I took a step back aghast that Sasuke had the nerve to blame it on me. Naruto, my ever loyal best teammate shouted in indignation, stepping closer until he was nose to nose with Sasuke.

"Oi teme, if anything it's your fault for not being good enough with your Sharingan. I thought your Sharingan was the most powerful or something, it seems pretty lame to me 'ttebayo." That paired with the little smirk on Naruto's face instantly pissed Sasuke off. His eyes narrowed into a challenging glare. I could practically see the lightning shooting off between the two.

"Wanna say that again dobe?" Sasuke stood up straight to emphasize his height difference over Naruto. The whiskered blonde was undeterred, grinning as he taunted his rival. If you ever want to third wheel don't do it with a couple, you'll really feel the pain of third wheeling when you hang out with people who have such a strong bromance all the time. Just another perfect example of why not one person will hang out with Gai and Kakashi without a friend themselves. The bromance is just too strong.

"I said, if your Sharingan is so powerful, prove it." I snickered into my palm at the sass. Naruto knew exactly what he was doing, he was playing on Sasuke's pride in his eyes, in his heritage. It was manipulative and I was so proud.

"Yeah duckass, prove your worth." Sasuke snapped his head towards me, looking betrayed.

"I'll go without you." I narrowed my eyes at Sasuke, that short clipped statement was spoken with so much honesty.

"You wouldn't dare." He would, Sasuke was definitely petty enough to do it.

"Hn." The Uchiha licked his lips and let them curl into that natural, slightly arrogant, stupid Uchiha smirk. His eyes bled into the glowing red of the Sharingan and he placed a hand on Naruto's shoulder, never breaking eye contact with me. His smirk was now bordering on an actual smile, a smug one, but a smile nonetheless.

"Wait, wait, wait, ok I'm sorry. Please take me with you guys, I have to meet Kurama!" I was fully ready to get on my knees and beg. Now that Naruto and Kuruma didn't hate one another, Naruto spent time convincing his battery to meet us too. Sasuke and I were both wanting to meet the giant fox. Some of us more than others, but either way I was not about to miss out on my chance of getting to meet him. I have been waiting to meet him during a time he wouldn't try to bite my literal head off.

Although the fox agreed to meet us, he was still being grumpy and refused to take over Naruto in order to talk to us, so instead Sasuke using his Sharingan seemed the best option. He was supposed to bring us into Naruto's mindscape, and since I don't have the Sharingan, I'm at his mercy to bring me with him.

At my pleading, Sasuke's smirk was now bordering on an actual smile, a smug one, but a smile nonetheless. His Sharingan spun once more and everything went black and hazy, I felt weightless for a second before slamming into water, disoriented. Sasuke and Naruto were both snickering next to me, the two of them totally fine. "Yeah yeah, laugh it up." I wanted to sound exasperated but I couldn't stop my smile. It was hilarious, that and I'm so excited to meet Kurama very few things could bring my mood down.