Love or War...winner takes all

(3d POV) In tsunade's office during hinata and deidara's chat

Tsunade was sitting at her desk, her face hardened and her anger was palpable. It wasn't often that the Lady Hokage had to truly be so stone cold but this situation called for everything but her normal demeanor. It was times like this when people could truly see why she was Hokage. Standing behind her, hidden in the shadows were two ANBU guards and all the attention was focused on who was sitting across from her. Danzo Shimura sat with his arms crossed and his old face scrunched into a menacing glare. 

He was not appreciative of being called to this office, the one that should have been his. Tsunade was ignorant, she was the student of his old teammate that soft hearted fool and Danzo strongly disagreed with her position. He did everything in his power to prevent the council from letting her come to power but it was all for naught.

"Why did you drag me into this office Tsunade-hime? Surely if you have a problem to discuss you would have brought Homura and Koharu as well." His voice was deep, monotone, and like always it was grating to Tsunade's ears. He leaned back in his seat, face still scowling but he felt smug when her fingers gripped the desk, cracking it slightly. To him Tsunade was nothing more than an out of control brat with too much power and he intended to pry on that until she lost it, in turn showing she was incapable as Hokage leaving the spot open for him.

"As of this moment forward, Root is being dissolved and all of your subordinates are going to be assessed and integrate into either my ANBU squads or will be reinstated as regular ninja of Konohagakure." Danzo paused, this was unexpected and a grave setback that he would not allow to happen. Tsunade clasped her hands together and smirked, ruffling Danzo's feathers was something she always took pleasure in and with all the new information on how shitty of a person he is, it was that much more satisfying.

"No. That is unreasonable and I have done nothing but aid the village with my running of Root, the world is a dark place and I keep you from having to do the hard things Tsunade-hime, you should be more appreciative of my work for you and the village. Hiruzen and I made this agreement for a reason but I wouldn't expect a delusional woman like you to understand. Going forward with this is irrational and you will regret it...besides, the council will never agree to this merge." His voice had a sharp edge and Tsunade caught the underlying threat behind his words. She raised one sculpted brow as he spoke but did not interrupt him, even if he was insulting her.

"Perhaps in old age you have forgotten how things work but it will do you well to remember that I am the Hokage and I make all decisions the council is here to aid me in the right direction but I have final say. I am not Hiruzen-Sensei, he was softer on you because you were friends but I however, do not like you and will not allow you to operate however you desire." Tsunade raised her voice but only slightly, her presence was enough to get her point across. She was not playing. Danzo scowled harshly running over plans in his head, this new rule could not be allowed to pass and no way could it be given to the council or public before he has done something about it.

"What is the basis of your reasoning for ridding me of my control over the operations of Root?" Danzo took a deep breath and remained calm, his one eye boring into her brown ones. He need to know as much as possible to end this disastrous event before it can come to pass. There is a reason more than just her dislike of him to disband Root and Danzo needed to know who or what was the cause so he can take care of it. Tsunade's smug look only amplified at the question, he was playing right into her hand.

"Danzo Shimura, you are under suspicion for Treason, inhumane conduct in your workings of root, the cause of the Uchiha Clan Massacre, defaming a prized Shinobi and forcing him to turn rogue, the attempted murder of Shisui Uchiha, and defacing the dead bodies of the Uchiha in order to obtain their Sharingan for your own power. How do you plead?" Each word Tsunade spoke had the war hawk gritting his teeth and his eyes narrowing more and more.