The first battle

IF you like BNHA check out my ongoing reader insert story called Fight or Flight!

I was walking to training ground 44, the forest of death, and along my journey I saw a mop of blonde hair. I ran up and jumped on Naruto's back. He stumbled but kept his balance, his hands finding their way to grasp my thighs to keep me on his back. He sent me a fake glare that turned into a bright smile when I started giggling.

"Onward my steed, march us to our death." I said, pointing my hand in a random direction. Naruto neighed like a horse and took off, both of us laughing loudly on our way to the second part of the exams. The Genin that passed yesterday, all 70 something of them, were gathered around Anko, who was sucking on a dango stick while picking at her nails with a kunai. She looked up at Naru and I, a smirk on her features making her look even more badass, then she looked back down, uninterested in our arrival. Sasuke made his way over to us, eyeing Naruto with distaste, then proceeded to pull me off his back, standing closely to my side.

"Hey what the hell teme, Hina-chan and I were having fun!" Naruto shot Sasuke a glare, sparks flying between them.

"Hn." Before they could get into another argument, Anko yelled out to get our attention. She handed out papers to sign making her not liable for our death. Her eagerness of it seeming like a lot of us were going to die shook up some of the ninja I didn't recognize. They were shaking in fear, Anko and I both smirked at them. She met my eye, and I winked, making her laugh and wink back. I swore I almost died in that moment, she is the coolest. Sasuke went off on his own, he saw Ino and Sakura then scurried off to hide. Naruto was running away from Konohamaru and his squad, looking like the dorky idiot he is. Anko made her way over to me, smirking devilishly.

"So brat, you think you're ready to face all the beasts the forest of death has to offer? A place like this eats up and spits out little girls like you."

"The forest of death can kiss my ass, if I can handle facing ninjas like Itachi and Zabuza, I can handle a measly forest. There's no way in hell I'm going to die a death as lame as one from a forest or from another Genin. When I die it's going to be with a bang." Anko studied me intensely for a second, then let out a booming laugh and gave me an almost sinister smile.

"So you're the Hyuuga brat that shit on Ibiki's test. I don't say this often, but I like you kid. You got guts, lets see if you have the skills to back it up." My smile was so wide at this point, I thought my face was going to split. Anko looked thoroughly amused by my obvious love of her. I watched her closely and hidden behind her sadism and amusement, I could see the brokenness that she harbored from Orochimaru, and how that made the village distrust her. Then a glimmer of hope was there, the same one I saw in Haku and Naruto, hope that I would truly accept her.

"FUCK YEAH! The Anko Mitarashi likes me!" I said fist pumping. "This means you can be my new mentor and teach me all kinds of cool things. I look up to you so much. You were shunned for how you trained under Orochimaru, yet you overcame it and became one of the most valued ninja in the village. You don't fit the stereotypical woman like everyone wants us to be, I am like that too. Plus you can summon snakes which is so fucking awesome." I noticed how she flinched at the name, and the unadulterated rage that burned in her expression. She switched to a prideful smirk when I boasted about how awesome she is. I mean, she's similar to Naruto in the way that everyone hated her for what was out of her control, and instead of letting it get to her and turning evil like they thought, she became an invaluable aspect to TI and the leaf village. She is outspoken and does what she wants, since I no longer have Lady Seiko or any other female role model/teacher, I want her to be my next one.

"I am that awesome aren't I. Well brat, if you survive this next stage and manage to impress me, I might take you under my wing and give you that awesome female guidance your missing. I mean, like you said, I am the best at what I do." As much as I didn't want to, I couldn't help but hug her. She tensed up and quickly shoved me off, blushing in embarrassment which I thought was funny.