The force that once bound us

If you like BNHA check out my ongoing x various reader insert story called Fight or Flight

NOT A FILLER CHAPTER I PROMISE!

Tsunade had just left for the Kage Summit and my stress was through the roof. Gaara also went, Sasori was his guard and as soon as the summit was over, they'd return to Suna for Sasori to talk with his grandmother before he comes back to the leaf. I was sad to say goodbye for now but Gaara needed to go home and be with his people and I hope Sasori can find another reason to live while he is with his remaining family. At least we can resume being pen pals, I always looked forward to getting my weekly letters from the panda boy.

I have no idea what is going to happen next, will Obito declare war or will he listen to my qualms about Zetsu. I don't know if he will try to capture Gaara at the summit or what other Jinchuriki he has managed to catch. He is so deeply in Zetsu's clutches that I don't know if anything I had said or done would change a thing, Naruto changed his mind the first time but I'm not Naruto. I don't know if I can do anything to help Obito.

Pain hasn't attacked the village either and it is making me more and more anxious on what the hell was going to happen.

Not only that, Naruto was sent off to train in Sage mode and then he was going to meet up with Fū and Killer B to learn to control the 9 Tails. After my letter to Killer B was accepted and he was hidden when Konan went searching, the Raikage and Tsunade are in a partial (super fragile) alliance made just to protect from the new Akatsuki.

Gaara refused to join them because his duties as Kage shadowed that of controlling Shukaku so Sasori is acting as one of his primary guards after I asked the puppet to do it (and possibly bribed him with being able to make a new puppet out of my Gaara if he dies before Sasori in the far future—which both agreed to, I'm not that bad). Our one year deal is still standing for now and he's held to his word as have I.

I was broken from my thoughts when a weaker Shark Bomb connected with my face and sent me sprawled into the water. I emerged from the lake and spluttered out a wet cough from choking on water; my cheek was most definitely going to have a nice bruise later. Kisame grinned in amusement as I wiped the hair from sticking to my cheeks and frowned (pouted) like a petulant child.

"Pay attention Little Orokamono, Itachi isn't at full capacity yet and I'm not going to wast my time on a spar with a little brat who can't get her head out of her ass." His dark eyes narrowed in annoyance as he scrutinized why I was being so scatterbrained today. It definitely ruined the intensity and wildness of our normal training sessions, something that aggravated the shark greatly. He wasn't one to waste time on someone not willing to give him an actual workout and make him work.

"Mmm... sorry Kisa-sempai, I'm just worried, something feels off, wrong but I don't know what." I rubbed my burning cheek and let him heave me back onto the surface of the still water. His massive stature was never more apparent than when he was annoyed with me. Sometimes I forget how intimidating he really is and then when he towers over me, I realize how much of a beast (a total loyal yet bloodthirsty puppy) Kisame really is.

"All the more reason to get your shit together, if its 'bout to go to hell like you think...you damn well better be ready to fight your ass off. Stop worrying 'bout things before they come, that's gonna get you killed." He's right, being too worried about the future is going to kill me, I'm living like everyone else now and I need to accept that I'm clueless.

It's been long coming for me to accept that, nothing has gone exactly as planned since the Chunin exams, time to just accept I'm not some future seer anymore. I need to live and train but I can't try to prepare for something I don't know about, being too sure about an outcome will make it harder to adapt when it changes.