Sasuke is old ASF

Ino threw a party, it started out as a celebration for my becoming a Jonin but when I mentioned that I had missed Sasuke's birthday like the asshole I am, she allowed me to change the party into one for him. Sasuke is even less likely to go to a party with other kids than Shikamaru and that's saying something huge because parties are loud and troublesome to the point it hinders Shikamaru's sleeping. We all know he doesn't like that. So the operation was to make it a surprise party which is extremely difficult for someone like Sasuke.

He acts like he doesn't give a shit about a lot of things, that they are beneath him especially when it comes to people outside his small inner circle. In reality, he is a nosy motherfucker and has a burning desire to know everything that is going on in my, Shisui's and Naruto's lives so I knew he was itching to find out what was going on with Ino and I. He didn't like that I wouldn't tell him. Because of that, I had Naruto and Shisui distract Sasuke more than usual, sparring battle after battle. Even Kakashi and Zabuza got in on the gig.

Sasuke and Shikamaru have clashing personalities, not in the obvious sense like Naruot and him, just that Shikamaru doesn't like how arrogant Sasuke is and Sasuke doesn't like how smart yet lazy Shikamaru is. They will never be friends but they don't fight like other people who dislike each other do. I think they put in an effort when I'm around solely because Naruto and I are friends with both of them. As much as this party is for Sasuke, he needs more interactions with people his age and not just to fight or ignore them like they are less than. I want others to see the awesome side of Sasuke few have been graced with, the Sasuke that is my best friend since forever.

I left the decorations up to Ino since she is better at that kind of thing, I just gave her some pointers on what to do. A lump of the money I have saved from missions is in my pocket and I'm scouring the shopping district to find the perfect gift. I was passing by and there was a small weapons shop tucked into the corner. The outside was nothing special but the inside was a wonderland for sword users. The entire store top to bottom had every sword style I could imagine. A perfect gift would be a sword, hopefully one similar to his Chokuto that he uses in Canon.

I looked around for a bit when on a lower shelf I saw it. The sword of Kusanagi, it was long, elegant, and deadly. I picked it up and waved it around, it felt awesome. Sasuke is going to love this. I found a sheath for the sword, it was all black with a red snake coiling up it. I paid for both and spent extra to get the Uchiwa fan etched into the hilt of his sword and on the sheath. Giddily I skipped back to my home to wrap up his present.

At 6, Shisui complied to our demands and managed to convince Sasuke to go to the suite we rented out. The suite was decorated in black red and white balloons with his clan symbol and his favorite foods were laid out. There was even a cake made of Onigiri since he hates sweets. Shikamaru was sleeping on the couch, Kakashi was chatting with Zabuza and Anko, Choji was talking with Ino, Naruto and I were chilling on the bed in wait of Sasuke's arrival, Kiba was having a one-sided argument with Shino, Lee was doing pushups with Tenten on his back, and Neji was sitting in the corner watching Lee. There was music playing in the background and everyone was happy. The door flew open and Shisui had a shit-eating grin and Sasuke's face morphed into a scoul when he saw all the people here. What a guy.

"What. the. hell." He gave an annoyed glare to Shisui and then he took in his surroundings one more time. His eyes widened marginally at all the decorations and when he looked over to me, Naruto and I gave matching smiles. He stalked over to us, hands in his pocket and an eyebrow raised in question.

"Since I was gone for your birthday and didn't say anything, this is to make up for it so be nice." Naruto gave a thumbs up.

"Yeah Teme, Happy Birthday!" Everyone chorused their own versions of Happy Birthday and the annoyed aura around Sasuke dissipated slightly.