Chapter 40 | Blades of Red

Start from the beginning

"Where are you going Kenobi, you wouldn't want to leave your dear friend down here alone." Maul hissed across the room as Savage and Ventress continued to battle.

Maul quickly dashed to your side. "I think now is the time to finally end his suffering!" Maul hissed. As if he knew it was coming, Obi-wan's attempt to leap towards you was immediately met with a strong force push by Maul which left your father gaining no ground.

Maul quickly raised his blade above his head to strike you down hastily before your father could interfere. As he swung down you fought through the pain and raised both of your arms. Before his blade could make contact you stopped it with the force. It was painful being in this position and extremely taxing to hold back his lightsaber blade but you did enough for your father to intervene.

Maul growled in anger, he now had to return to fighting your father. He went back to his furious and aggressive strikes which took all attention off of you. You knew nowhere was safe aboard this ship, so you wanted to be at least somewhat useful. Rolling off the crates onto the cold floor hurt more than you expected, and you needed to make sure that you kept your open wound across your stomach clear of any contact.

And so you started to crawl towards the cockpit, hoping that you would get lucky and there would be a way to detach it from the ship. The small and painful journey did catch the eye of both Ventress and your father, who both caught on to your plan.

As they attempted to maneuver across the ship towards you, they both fell victim to a brutal sweeping leg from Savage. You continued to crawl backwards, but you stopped when you reached the door of the cockpit. They needed your help.

Maul and Savage showed no mercy. Their blades were held, ready to quickly stab both your father and Ventress.

"This will be your end." Maul snarled. You didn't waste any time before intervening. You knew that both the horned killers wouldn't waste a second.

You held out both of your hands, and unlike other times where your hands would slowly flicker and eventually let it out. This time the yellow lightning surged immediately. It was attached to both Maul and Savage's body, crawling over their skin and electrifying their insides.

They fell to the floor in pain. The screaming and groaning never stopped whilst you kept your force judgment pinned on their bodies. Your father and Ventress were now inside the cockpit, fumbling with the controls. This was your one shot.

You released the lightning, it instantly flashed away and your head fell back to the ground. Despite your exhaustion and pain you heaved yourself fully inside the cockpit, which was swiftly closed by Ventress beside you.

Of course, there were two doors to the sealed cockpit, so Ventress had to hastily drag you through the next one.

She let you go and slammed the next door shut. "Hurry Kenobi." Ventress warns.

"I'm working on it." Your father responds. It's evident he's feeling the pressure.

"Now would be a really good time!" Ventress yelled. They must be close to getting through.

"Got it!" Obi-wan announced. It was followed by the sound of the cockpit detaching from the ship and shooting off by itself. Now you could finally relax. Even though relaxing with these wounds would be near impossible.

"This ship only has enough fuel for one jump. Sorry Ventress but we are returning to Coruscant."

"That's fine with me. As long as I can still catch bounties I don't care where I go." Ventress replied. You heard approaching footsteps as your father came and sat beside you on the ground.

"How bad are these wounds, (y/n)?"

"I think I'll be okay. The blade kind of cooked my skin so I'm not losing too much blood." You commented, releasing a chuckle, which led to coughing and groaning.