Chapter 29: The Family Crest

A/n: There will be one more chapter and an epilogue...

Since Kousei knew that Kaori needed to feel more comfortable and healthy while she's pregnant, he had hired a few nurses for her and most of all, she let her stay around her parents' home every weekdays when he had to work around the company as hi...

Since Kousei knew that Kaori needed to feel more comfortable and healthy while she's pregnant, he had hired a few nurses for her and most of all, she let her stay around her parents' home every weekdays when he had to work around the company as his father's secretary and also, as one of the company's most prized musicians.

Takanayagi and Ryouko were both happy to accept their daughter back at their home. They were also very much grateful that Kousei chose to take Kaori at their home so they can closely look after their daughter with whom they know, was more comfortable inside her ancestral house.

"Are you alright, Kaori?" Takanayagi asked her as he give her water. "Kousei called me today and said you'll be staying here."

"Yes, Dad," she answered him. "Don't worry about me. I'm totally fine. Kousei's a great husband."

"Where's Kousei? Is he with you?" Ryouko asked Kaori. "We cooked breakfast for you."

"He drove me here and left already. He's back at the company to work," she answered her. "I want to come with him but he said that I have to stay here."

"Take her luggage immediately at her room, Nurse Krissana," ordered Takanayagi to one of the few nurses that Kousei hired to take care of his wife. She's a Filipina with fair skin and small eyes. "Check her blood pressure later."

"Yes, sir," she answered her as she take the luggage immediately.

Takanayagi sighed as he stare at his daughter who very much look nervous. "You're troubled. I know when there's something worrying you."

"My unborn babies are twins, dad!" she said to him. "I don't even know if I will be able to keep them in here together and give birth to them as healthy babies."

Ryouko sighed. "You're worried that your children may become like you, is that it, Kaori?"

"Kaori, I think you're overthinking." Takanayagi took her into a huge embrace. "You're strong enough to carry your babies, now."

"Losing my twin sister feels like I lost a huge part of myself!" cried Kaori. "Tell me, father! Why did I lose a sister?"

"She's... She's too weak," he answered her. "Even so, you survived and I know that we almost lost you, too but we had help."

"Who helped us, father?" Kaori asked. "I was told that the surgery may be too dangerous but I survived!"

"The Arima Family helped, Kaori," answered Ryouko. "They financially supported us when we took you abroad. There were very few experts on your sickness and so, we had to do our best to save you. They also made it sure that your surgery here would be successful but—"

"It didn't stop even after Kousei lost his memories," Kaori cried out. "I owe his family so much."

"Takahiko and I were old friends. He was happy that you were able to make  Kousei move away from his trauma but he was still deeply hurt when something happened to his son," he told her. "I'm sure they will keep taking care of you and at his heirs, Kaori. Don't worry too much."