Chapter 6: Sonata

A/n: Thank you for all your support!!! Don't forget to vote and comment after reading the chapter! 

Days passed, Arima Kousei and Princess Aquina became so close together ever since their first meeting which was a good thing for him since he's getting better every day

Days passed, Arima Kousei and Princess Aquina became so close together ever since their first meeting which was a good thing for him since he's getting better every day. Prince Izumi visits his friend at his house most of the time to check the health of Takahiko's son as he wanted to make sure that he's getting the care he deserves. Since Kousei was far from his childhood friends, Princess Aquina and his butler were the companions that helped to lift off the emotional sadness he had after acquiring retrograde amnesia.

Kousei got closer to her as days passed. He learned to smile so elegantly again in which he never was able to do after his mother's disappearance. They had always played piano together and most of all, they do spend most of their time reading books in the library at the East Wing of the mansion. Books became his companion when he was alone. He followed his father not to use his crutches and he had always asked his butler to hold him whenever his father's away to allow himself to learn to walk without it. It made him grateful that he finally met his grandfather five days after he came to the mansion. He looked at his grandpa at the South Wing and bowed.

"I'm Arima Hisao. It's nice to finally meet my grandson after Saki vanished. As I remember, you thought that your mother-" He stopped when his son looked at him as if he's being told to stop but he still continued talking whatever he wanted. "You thought your mother passed away and lost your ability to hear notes."

Princess Aquina and Prince Izumi were with them. They both sighed in disappointment as they all tried to suppress that truth to him but it was all for naught. Kousei's eyes were absolutely shocked and somehow, that struck a nerve on his mind that made him dizzy for a bit as he remembered the time he was crying in front of his piano at a competition while holding his ears since he can't hear the notes radiating through his piano. 

His father quickly went in front of him and noticed that his son's eyes were beginning to water. He held his arms. "Are you alright, son?"

Kousei stared at his father. Somehow, he was able to control that sadness and despair, thanks to Miyazono Kaori's last words before they separate. "I'm fine, father. I'm alright. I just remembered a memory that shocked me."

After that, he stared at his grandfather. His grandpa's hair was white and his eyes were small and black. He's only an average Japanese male but his aura's strong. Everyone could feel that he exceeds total authority as he's an intimidating man. He's wearing a white male Japanese kimono at that time. Arima Takahiko looked at his father who's standing in front of them with some of his bodyguards with him. "Why did you tell that to him? You know that we don't want Kousei to force himself! He's still sick!"

"Your son won't be able to remember his lost memories if you let him stray away from those painful memories. Takahiko, I did it to let the shock lessen the impact when he remembers everything," he told him. "Most of all, his mother isn't dead."