Chapter 19: Four Years Later

A/n: Hope you like my fanfiction! Thank you to the soundtracks of Violet Evergarden, I was able to complete this chapter! If you haven't seen it yet, I suggest you do!

Years after Princess Aquina had passed away, Kousei's 21st birthday came too fast in his father's opinion

Years after Princess Aquina had passed away, Kousei's 21st birthday came too fast in his father's opinion. He watched his son grow into one of the best pianists Japan had known. He was glad as well that at a young age, success followed him.

Meanwhile, Saki was very happy that she was able to take part in her son's adolescent years after she had recuperated abroad after having a very serious disease that almost took her life. Takahiko couldn't believe that his son became a young adult already. His son had grown very handsome, intelligent, and very witty. He's still the kind boy that everyone loves but since he had grown up as a popular pianist in his school and all over the world but he was also able to observe that Kousei learned to abuse his popularity and money he receives from the projects he took. That change all happened after Princess Aquina passed away and also, when he had Kaori as his girlfriend. His love life towards Kaori wasn't perfect. He spends more time playing the piano and studying was his addiction.

At the time he became twenty- one, he started going in casinos to play Poker and slot machines while he also began buying million- dollar wines. As he had met some bad friends in the casino, he also began going in clubs where women drink and give him pleasure he never knew he'll want. He knew he was doing something bad but to him, that temporary happiness made him forget the pain inside his heart.

That early morning after he had gone down at the grand staircase while he's having a hangover, his father slapped his cheeks hard making him wake up.

"I can see you're letting many girls fall for you and you use their feelings to make you happy," he told him. "You've got a girlfriend, Kousei!"

At the time he was about to just walk out of the conversation, his father blocked him. "Why are you drinking wine with girls ever since you became twenty- one?"

He smirked and held his necktie up. "Trauma. You know me. That's my only way to forget the pins and needles that the trauma of losing Aquina gave me. It's more severe than losing my mother. I didn't even know she just disappeared."