Chapter 21: Marry Me

A/n: Thank you everyone for reading my fanfiction! :)

For so many days, Kousei can't stop thinking how to tell Kaori about his plans to marry him already

For so many days, Kousei can't stop thinking how to tell Kaori about his plans to marry him already. He already bought a diamond ring but he just kept staring at home. At the time they've played once again together in a small gathering of his father's business partners, Watari Ryota discovered that he had plans proposing to her when he saw him looking at it, again, at the bathroom. "Just tell her what you feel, Kousei. I kept seeing you staring at that ring for days now. I know that you want to propose to her and make her your future wife."

"My dad helped me choose the right ring and I'm grateful for it," Kousei chuckled. "My heart's thumping fast. I don't even know what to say to her."

"If you marry her, you know that it means that it is until you're both old. Don't even think of having a divorce with her," Watari Ryota said to him. "You're really a child of a rich man, Kousei. I'm truthfully jealous of you."

"Kaori will like this, right?" he told him. "I hope she likes the ring I bought."

Watari Ryota grinned. "I can help you propose."

"How would you help me?" he asked him. "Care to tell me?"

Watari Ryota took the black box from his hands to stare at the ring inside it and opened it to stare at the ring she bought for the woman he actually cares about, too. He couldn't erase on himself that Kaori's a significant person in his life but by the thought that he thought she likes him but it was actually a lie, he still can't help but feel hatred for being used.

For him, Kaori used him so that she could get close to Kousei. He was able to accept that truth and they're happy together but still, he had fallen for her, too. Amazement still struck his core since he could not believe that his best friend could afford to buy a diamond ring. It was too expensive and costs so much. For him to be able to get it meant that he's really a member of a higher class of people.

"She's going to be very happy to be her fiancee," he said to him after returning the box to him. "Kaori deserves to become a member of your family. Take care of her."

"I will always take care of her. She took care of me for years and it's time for me to move on." Kousei accepted the ring and returned it back on his pocket. "So, how do I propose to her in the business party dad made for me?"

"I'll just push her to you," he suggested. "Say those words that will make her cry."

"Alright! I hope everything will go under our plans," he said cheerfully. "I want to marry her."

...

Miyazono Kaori was busy chatting with Igawa Emi at that huge business party hosted by the Arima Family while holding up a champagne that night when she noticed that Kousei and Watari seemed to be having a problem that time. She doesn't know if they were arguing or not but their conversation, even if she couldn't hear what they were talking about, was actually serious.

"I'll just go to Kousei, Emi," she told her. "My problematic pianist boyfriend seemed to be arguing with his best friend."

Emi chuckled. "Go. You're free to talk to them."

"I don't think they're arguing, Kaori," she teased her. "They're more like pushing each other up who talks to you."

"What?" Kaori almost lost her grip on the wine glass when she looked back at the two boys who were still busy fighting each other. Her blush went so red, too. "What are you talking about?"

The argument was only settled when the two boys became aware already that Emi and Kaori saw them screaming at each other. Kousei knew he had no choice but just say the words he wanted to tell her. He wanted to marry her and using the business party that his parents conducted for her, it would also mean introducing her as his future wife to the many heirs, heiresses, owners of huge corporations and groups that he had already chosen a wife that his parents allowed him to marry. He held her hands and took the small, black, ring box on her pocket. Meanwhile, Watari Ryota handed her a bouquet of roses with a small envelope attached to the ribbon.

"Kaori, my parents made this banquet for me," he said to her as he begin to kneel before her. "You are the most beautiful woman and the most loyal person that I have ever met and I'm grateful of that!"

The whole conference room went silent at that time. Everyone knew that the child and heir of Symphony Music Entertainment Incorporated's about to propose to her long time girlfriend. Kaori felt the pressure and she knew the same thing, too. He's proposing and she didn't imagine that it will truthfully happen to her. At the time Kousei opened up the small box, she was so shocked when she saw a very expensive six- carat pink diamond on a ring.

"It wasn't a simple gathering of my parents' business partners. I know that I had loved Aquina and moving on was too difficult for me but you were always there for me," he told her. "Will you marry me, Kaori?"

Her hands went cold as Kousei give her the ring on her ring finger. "Kousei, I don't know what to say. I'm so overwhelmed right now. You know my answer and that I love you so much. It's going to always be a 'yes'! I love you, Kousei!"

In the midst of all the applause of the many people inside, Kousei didn't think about any of them. at all. He hugged her tight with his own tears mixing with Kaori's. It was as if they were alone even if there were too many people who witnessed him ask if she will marry him. He kissed her and thanked her for everything she did for him. "I'm so happy right now, Kaori," he told her. "You're going to be my future wife, soon!"

Arima Takahiko stepped in, too, and congratulated his son for finally telling Kaori his wish to marry him while Saki was congratulating her. His son found courage to say those words to the woman he loves so much and he's profoundly proud of it. "Congratulations, son."

"Congratulations, Kaori," Arima Saki told her. "I'm happy for you."

"Thank you, ma'am," cried Kaori. "I was really surprised."

"I love her so much," he told her parents. "The next step would be asking for her parents' blessing."

"I'm sure they'll say 'yes', Kousei," Kaori assured him. "They like you."

...

The next day, while the Arima Family was having their breakfast as a family. the head of the family congratulated his son, again. "You finally proposed. I'm very happy for you."

"Thanks to you and Watari, I was able to say it," Kousei told him. "You both helped me propose to her. If he didn't keep pushing me that night, I may have lost that ring."

"It's great to have a best friend like him," Saki told his son. "Watari Ryota's a decent boy."

"She looked so happy," Kousei said as his happiness bring more tears to his eyes. "All the pain I have... I fell in love with another girl and I still love her. I talked about Aquina for a long time. I had a difficult time accepting her death and she was there with me who never gave up on me. She never stepped away from me. I was always afraid that because of that, she may leave me but she didn't. She stayed."

"Son, we are very proud of you that you worked a lot to move on," Takahiko told him. "Live in the present, son. There's no use looking back at the past. Learn from your past and create a new path to your future."

"I'm giving permission to you to use the Totsuhara Village House, Kousei," Saki told him. "It will be your house until your dad gives you this mansion. We'll be moving out of here in a larger mansion."

"Thanks, mom," he said to her. "That's where everything began, anyway."

"We should give your future in- laws some gift," Saki told him. "I'll be arranging it for you."

...

A/n: Thanks for supporting my story! I'm sorry if this took a long time to write!