Chapter 28: A New Light

A/n: Thank you everyone for your support! :)

The whole Arima Clan and the Symphony Music Entertainment Incorporated were all abuzzed by the news that Kaori's pregnant and she has the child of Kousei in her womb

Obviously, people were expecting it to be a male baby as their first child since their children will be Kousei's heirs in the future but in everyone's surprise, after her third check up in the hospital with her ob/gyn, the couple were surprised by the news that she was actually carrying twins- a girl and a boy- in her womb. The news made Kousei smile and he was so delighted to know that they will have twins as their children but he became worried upon the time he saw Kaori's teary eyes while she was lying on the bed while the ob/gyn was checking her womb.

"You don't look happy, Kaori," Kousei said as he clench his fists on her right hand. "Aren't you happy that we will have twins?"

Kaori tightened her hold on his hands, too. She's happy that she's going to be a mother soon but it made her anxious if she can actually be a good mom to her unborn children inside her womb and also, it made her remember about the complications that happened when her mother was carrying her in her womb. "I'm very worried, Kousei. To tell you the truth, I remember that my mom supposed to have twins, too. I should have had a twin sister but she passed away because we were born too early while I became a sickly girl. We were born too early and my sister wasn't able to live."

Kousei was stunned by what she said to him and it made him worry, too but he chose to stay positive. He needed to be positive more than be a pessimist now that he's about to be a father.

"I'll make sure our unborn babies will survive," he promised her. He kissed her forehead and looked again at the monitor showing the first images of their children. "They will be able to see us together and live in the mansion as happy children."

Kaori closed her eyes since she was a bit tired and rested on the bed that time. At that time, too, Kousei asked Dr. Mitagawa about the condition of his children inside Kaori's womb. "My wife had a threatening sickness when she was very young. Will my children inherit it?"

Dr. Mitagawa Shana stood up and assured him, "They look very healthy, sir but as her husband, you should make sure that your wife takes enough vitamins, milk, and healthy food. I'm sure she will be able to carry your children and give birth to them normally if you take care of her well, sir."

"Thank you, Dr. Shana," Kousei told her. "I'm happy to know that they're healthy, including my wife."

"Make sure that she takes her vitamins, milk, and get a weekly check up," she reminded him. "I know how important this is for you, sir."

"That is true. She carries so much pressure right now ever since people knew she's pregnant with my kids," he replied to her. "My wife's not just carrying my children. They're carrying my heirs to our business."

At the time he looked back at Kaori, he realized that she fell asleep on the bed that time. After her ob/gyn was done with the check up, Kousei received Kaori's prescriptions. While he was watching Kaori sleep, he knew that the mansion would be too overwhelming for her while she's pregnant. He knew that they had to live somewhere smaller for a while with a few nurses who can take care of her. It was at that time that he chose to call his father and tell him that they will be living at the Miyazono's Compound for a while.

"Moshi moshi?" spoke Takahiko after receiving his call. "Why did you call?"

"Hi, dad," he replied back. "I called you today since I was thinking if Kaori and I could be in the Miyazono Compound while Kaori's pregnant."

Takahiko sighed on the phone. "Is the mansion not enough for you?"

Kousei breathed out hard. "You know that I lived in a two- storey house for almost all my childhood until I dealt with amnesia. The mansion was just too big for the two of us."

"I understand," Takahiko replied to him. "You can temporarily stay in your in- laws compound."

"Thank you, Dad!" he said to him. "I'm happy you allowed me to stay around a smaller house for a while."

"We'll renovate that house in Totsuhara District and that's where you'll live together," Takahiko offered him. "What do you think?"

"You're totally giving it to me?" Kousei asked him. "Wasn't that just our vacation house?"

"Yes. I am giving it to you," Takahiko told him. "I'm glad that you're really making your family now. My baby's truly an adult now."

"Anyways, dad...," Kousei had the biggest smile on his face. "We're having twins."

Takahiko was just so overjoyed to have heard that his son will have twins. "Son, I am very proud of you. Good luck on becoming a father. It's difficult but it is an awarding experience."

...

Since Kousei knew that Kaori needed to feel safe and healthy while she's pregnant, he had hired a two nurses, and most of all, he chose to let her stay around her parents' home every weekdays when he had to work around their company as his father's secretary and also, as one of the company's most prized musicians. He also can't make her work while she was pregnant and so, she had made her pack her things while they were in the mansion and after they were done packing up, Kousei chose to take his wife at her parents' house alone.

It was Monday when they arrived in the Miyazono Compound. They weren't a very simple business men anymore. The Ma Fille Bakery had already grown so much ever since Kousei supported her parents' business, and now, there is at least one bread factory inside the Miyazono's compound. There were bakers, cashier and a security guard in front of the shop.

"Are you sure about this? I can't live far away from you," Kaori told Kousei. "I can still work and stay behind you. I'm your secretary."

"You're carrying our children and I think that's more of a daunting task, Kaori. I don't want you to work too much," Kousei reminded her and kissed her on her lips. "I told dad that it will be better for us to live outside the mansion. I'll be here at night."

Kaori took a very long breath and nodded in agreement. "Make sure you get back here at night, okay? I don't want to sleep without you on bed."

"I will. You're having twins and it is my responsibility to take care of you," he answered her. "Drink your medicines and milk. Those are all important for you and for our babies."

"Goodbye for a while, Kousei," Kaori said as the security guard of the Ma Fille bakery approach them. "See you later."

Kaori stepped out of the car with her bag that time and waved goodbye to Kousei as he drive once again to get back to work. "Get back here as soon as possible, Kousei!"

...

A/n: Sorry if I wasn't really able to update for so long! I was too busy and now, I made a new chapter!!! Hope you like it so much!

❤❤❤❤😊😊😊❤❤❤❤