Chapter 22: Sweet Night

A/n: I hope you like this fanfiction! I'm promoting Itaewon Class. It's such a very memorable Korean Drama to me. I hope you watch it! I assure you that it's such a great watch.

It was such a long time ago already for Miyazono Kaori when she had almost lost the man she loved after someone intently tried to kill him

Of course, now, she's happy that she was given a lot of chances to truly prove her love to him and stop lying to him. Lying that she likes Watari was truthfully one of her deepest regrets that she doesn't want to repeat.

"Kousei," she cried out while holding the diamond ring on her ring finger. "I'm sorry if I began my life with you with a lie in that April we met."

Surely, it had always been painful for her whenever she remembers the time when Kousei lost his memories for a few years. It caused him to forget his love for her and at the time she returned to Japan, she discovered that he was dating a new girl with whom he had a very special connection with but her presence made him remember his past and his love for her. It wasn't her intention to complicate matters towards him and his girlfriend at those days.

At the time Princess Aquina passed away since she protected him against the man who wanted to kill him, Kousei had always blamed himself for her death. She was ready to give up her love for him due to how much the princess sacrificed but Kousei wanted her to stay. She had shown her love towards Kousei and she knew he needs her by his side. He wasn't able to truly move on and forget Aquina but he wanted her to be with him and help him recover.

So, even if it was painful, she waited for Kousei to move on and see her love, once again. Even after he had lost someone very special to him when he was suffering from amnesia, Kousei accepted her feelings and taught himself to love her the way he loved her when he was fourteen but she knows that his innocent love for her will never be the same way ever again.

Miyazono Kaori was his puppy love in middle school while Princess Aquina was his first major girlfriend. Their relationship was long and deep. Due to her loyalty to him, she was grateful when he re- accepted her feelings. It was too different from when they were young since Kousei had a serious relationship with another girl. It was a difficult road for him and he had suffered for years after her death.

She felt like giving up on him as he's still extremely in love with Princess Aquina, even after her death. She's the girl who was with him for the years while he suffered from amnesia and she died protecting him but she knew she can't give up on him, most especially, when she discovered that he was abusing himself just after he turned twenty- one. She chose to understand his situation rather than get jealous on a woman who had long since passed away because she knew Kousei won't want to lose her, too.

"Kousei's really something else," she told herself. "I can't believe I will be an 'Arima' and marry someone like him."

Miyazono Kaori can't stop blushing while she was lying on her bed while staring at the six carat diamond ring on her ring finger after she got back home at the small bakery that her parents own. She stuck up for Kousei for so long while he had also supported her when they were young when she was the one who's sick. One can say that they both owe each other because of everything they had done for each other and that brought them together.