Sing for me..

I was having dinner with my family when the doorbell goes off.
"I will check.." Mom said getting up from her place and I wonder who can it be at this hour. "Are you gyz expecting some one.." I asked Dad and he denied focusing on the yummy mutton biryani Infront of him and I did the same. And after few seconds Mom came back with Manik Malhotra. Wait what?

"What the hell are you doing here?" I glared at him and he just smirked.
"I love the way how politely you always greet me when I am here.."
Wow someone's being sarcastic today.
"Bad manners Nandani. He has came to see you and you are being rude.."
"Sorry Mom.." she rolled her eyes then smiled back at Manik, "come had dinner with us, I have cooked Mutton biryani today.." Mom announced and his eyes shine bright just like stars.
"Well I already had my dinner but can someone say no to biryani that too cooked by you.. I guess nooo.." And with that he sat down and Mom happily served him. I don't know how he has managed To charm my Mom like that, well she is a tough nut to crack.

"This is just amazing, best in the world. Thank you.." He took one bite and that's it, he is a gone case now. My parents were looking at him too pleased while he was praising Mom at every bite he took. With some more chit chats, more praising, dinner finally did end. We were talking some more when out of blue my dad asked something which I wanted to avoid like a plague.

"Where is Jacob Nanz, he didn't came to pick you up today, have gone out of town or not well or what?" Manik's jaw tightened at the mention of his name and my mood turned sour. I thought of avoiding their question but sooner or later I have to tell them, so why not today. "Mom, Dad Jacob and I broke up.." They were shock, obviously we both were in such a good relationship that no body can expect this.

"Why kiddo what happened, you seemed happy with him.." Dad asked and I felt like crying, so I did. I cried and my parents panicked. Mom quickly took me in her embrace.
"He cheated on her.." Manik said quietly and my parents look dumbfounded. "That moron, how could he do that. I never liked that kid anyway." Yes my mom never liked Jacob, but she also never interfere in my decisions but now I wish she would have.
"Saturday night Nandani caught him doing stuff with his so called best friend, so she broke up with him.."
"Well I am glad you did kiddo but I am not letting this go, I am breaking his face for hurting my daughter.." a smile appeared on my face seeing the concern of my parents. "Now you don't have to Dad, cause Manik already did this for you.."

They looked at Manik and he smiled sheepishly, "well I might have just given him few punches on face.." I rolled my eyes, seriously few. They were more than that.. Both of my parents smiled warmly at him, "Thanku son, thanku so much.."
"Please don't mention, she is my friend and that's what friends do for each other right." And they nodded their head. After feeling a bit better I separated myself from Mom.
"You are okay.." she asked lovingly and I nodded my head.

I stood up from my place, "we are going to my room. Come on Malhotra.." wishing my parents good night he followed me upstairs.
"So what brought you here at this hour.. or you just smelled the food from outside so came running to eat." He rolled his eyes at me and sprawled on my bed, "very funny sugar.."
"I was thinking about that music project of ours. Frederick said both of his great singers, so that means you are good one. Then why do you want me to change the partner. You don't want to work with me, is that so?"

"It's not about you Manik, not everything is about you." I looked down, what if he makes fun of me when he get to know the actual reason. He will think I am such a baby. Off course he will. My eyes were glued to my fingers when Manik's finger pulled my chin upwards so that I can look at him, "what's wrong Sugar, Tell me.." I look at him and his eyes holds sincerity. Now his hand was resting on my cheek making me nervous. Aiyappa why does this guy have such an effect on me.

"First promise you won't laugh on me.." He smiled warmly at me, "Nandani promise I won't.." I am loving this name everyday a bit more whenever it comes out from his mouth. "I have a stage phobia, I have never sing in front of a large audience. My parents, Belle and Mr. Frederick apart from them nobody even know that I can sing.." He sighed and rested his forehead on mine. I relaxed under his touch. "I will not be able to perform Manik, I will fail but I can't let you fail because of me. You are just too good.."

He opened his eyes and looked directly in mine, I feel like I can be drown in those pretty blue eyes. Do people really have such deep eyes out or its just him. He pulled me onto his lap and without hesitation I let him. I hope my parents just didn't come by to check on me. They will definitely not like this position. "Sing for me.." It was a request just a small request from him that holds so many emotions that I couldn't deny. I just couldn't. I closed my eyes and prepared myself to sing for him.

Once upon a time
A few mistakes ago
I was in your sights
You got me alone
You found me
You found me
You found me
I guess you didn't care
And I guess I liked that
And when I fell hard
You took a step back
Without me
Without me
Without me

And he's long gone
When he's next to me
And I realize
The blame is on me

'Cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to places I'd never been
'Til you put me down, oh
I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So, shame on me now
Flew me to places I'd never been
Now I'm lyin' on the cold hard ground
Oh, oh
Trouble, trouble, trouble
Oh, oh
Trouble, trouble, trouble

No apologies
He'll never see you cry
Pretend he doesn't know
That he's the reason why
You're drowning
You're drowning
You're drowning
And I heard you moved on

From whispers on the street
A new notch in your belt
Is all I'll ever be
And now I see
Now I see
Now I see

He was long gone
When he met me
And I realize
The joke is on me, hey

I knew you were trouble when you walked in, oh-ooh
So shame on me now
Flew me to places I'd never been
Till you put me down, oh
I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to places I'd never been, yeah
Now I'm lyin' on the cold hard ground
Oh, oh (yeah)
Trouble, trouble, trouble
Oh, oh
Trouble, trouble, trouble

And the saddest fear
Comes creepin' in
That you never loved me
Or her
Or anyone
Or anything
Yeah

I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to places I'd never been (never been)
Till you put me down, oh
I knew you were trouble when you walked in (knew it right there, knew it right there)
So shame on me now
Flew me to places I'd never been
(Uuh) now I'm lyin' on the cold hard ground
Oh, oh
Trouble, trouble, trouble, oh
Oh, oh
Trouble, trouble, trouble
I knew you were trouble when you walked in
Trouble, trouble, trouble
I knew you were trouble when you walked in
Trouble, trouble, trouble

The moment I finished and open my eyes, I saw him grinning ear to ear. He seemed so happy and so impressed that I couldn't stop the smile appearing on my face.
"You are amazing singer Nandani Moorthy, just too good even better than me. And I am not letting go this Talent of yours to waste.." I looked at him confused what did he mean.
"Okay it's time to sleep now, come on lie down.." he was talking like he is talking to a baby like seriously Manik.

But nevertheless I untangled myself from him and lay down on my bed, he pull the comforter on me and then kissed my forehead, "Good night Sugar, I will see you tomorrow."
"Good night Manik."
And just in seconds he was out of my door. Sleep was far away from me, I don't know what spell this guy is casting on me. This bad boy is driving me crazy everyday..

************************************************************************************************************************************************