Well hello to you too Nandani

It was Friday again and I am glad. Dressed In my favourite pajamas ducked in my blanket, I am watching baby boss. Yes my all time favourite. I know I am in high school but I am sucker of animated movies and shows.
"Nandani, come down" I heard my mom yelling from downstairs and that let me know that they were home. I wasn't planning to leave this bed anytime soon. But when mum didn't stopped yelling, I have to gave in.

I strolled downstairs with lazy steps and there she was standing in the hall surrounded by many shopping bags. "You went shopping mum that too without me and where is Dad, not home yet.."
I kissed her on the cheek and she smiled, "Dad will be here in an hour, still have patients to check and I didn't went shopping Nandani just went to fetch some groceries. We are having people over for dinner." I pout listening my full name, she always do this to me. "Mom how many times I have told you call me Nanz, not Nandani.." she just rolled her eyes at me. Wait did she said we are having people over. Oh no Aiyappa, such a good evening I had planned but what a waste.

"Don't look at me like that Nanz, just go upstairs and be ready and come down by 8. Now let me go start cooking.." Well there was no use of saying anything to her and good point is I still have two darn hours for myself. So I guess I will manage. "You want some help with dinner.." I asked her with half Heart, and crossed my fingers at back, just say no mom. " No, I will manage, now don't waste my time shoo..." Thank goodness, I hurried back to my lovely bed and my laptop...

************************************************************************************************************************************************
It was almost 8 and thankfully I am completely ready, I wore a black high neck sweater with red trousers. My hairs were opened. I had applied little bit of pink lip gloss and mascara. Wearing my black heels, giving a final look to myself in the mirror. I guess I am ready to head down.
I came downstairs to see my Dad watching news, I gave him a kiss on the cheek and he smiled looking at me.. "whoa, someone is looking so pretty.." I giggled and then went into kitchen to check on mum.. it smelled so good. I guess we were having Indian food today.. mom is busy in last minute check ups but she had a change of cloth already..

"Mom, you never told me whom we are expecting today, someone from work?." I asked and before she could answer, we heard the door bell.
"I guess they are here, go Nanz receive them.." she ushered me out and I took slow steps towards the gate.
I opened the gate and saw two people amidst my parents age standing there with a slight smile on their faces, I smile too looking at them, but then my pretty smile turned into frown when my eyes met with his blue ones.

"What the hell are you doing here Manik.." I asked confused and he like always just rolled his eyes.. I swear one day I am gonna take out his pupils.
"Well hello to you too Nandani.." and I again cringed at the name. Why don't everyone get this simple thing, that they can't call me Nandani.. before I could say anything to him, my mother's voice shut me up..

"Welcome Mr and Mrs Malhotra, please come in.. Son please come inside.." my mum said to Manik and I guess his parents. I look at both the elders closely, indeed they were his parents. His father look alike just Manik, but Manik has got those eyes from his British Mother. She had the same pair of blue eyes. They both look pretty good. So here are the people whom the bad boy got his killer looks from. The meetings and gettings were almost finished and now everyone was sitting in the living room..

"Thanku so much for inviting us for dinner.. it feels refreshing to have some friends in New town.." Manik's mom smiled, she looked so sweet, I don't know why but I feel happy to listen her talk.. "Please don't mention it, we both were so busy with our shifts in hospital, that didn't got time to invite you gyz earlier.. we would love to know our neighbour, right honey.." and my Dad nodded...