3.06; surprise

Emily received the text at 10 AM.

Then the second at 10 AM.

The fifteenth rolled around by 10:01. 

The moment she entered the crib, she was bombarded with questions. 

Apparently, Lucy's ex-boyfriend, Beau, drove all the way from Georgia to "win her back" and everyone naturally assumed Emily had all the answers. 

She peeked out the blinds with Katie, using binoculars, spying on Lucy and the new guy by the pool. He had jet black hair, blue eyes, and was incredibly well built. 

"I can still ask her out, right?" Kendall thought, pacing in front of his friends who sat on the couch in front of him. "I mean just because they dated for three years and he drove all the way out here from Georgia doesn't mean she's gonna take him back."

"Yeah, it does," Katie told him. Emily snickered, elbowing Katie. "That's the best looking guy at the Palm Woods, ever."

"What?"

A sigh escaped Emily's lips, feeling the familiar body behind her, pressing her into the window. James stole the binoculars, crushing his girlfriend to get a look at Bo. "James, don't be dramatic, that's not true."

"So, you don't think he's hot?" James retorted, keeping his eyes on his competition. 

Emily stuttered, "Well, that's a different question."

Kendall intervened, leaning over the group huddled by the window, "But this is the guy that broke her heart. She's probably down there right now telling him to get lost."

Emily winced as she saw Lucy and Beau laughing together by the pool, Bo's shirt unbuttoned, exposing his chest. "I don't think that's what she said," Emily muttered. 

"Okay. New plan," Logan said, standing with Carlos. "We'll tell Gustavo you're vomiting and can't come in to record today."

"Yes!" Carlos agreed. "And you can stay here and beat the super hot and hunky guy."

"He's not that hot, okay!" James snapped. 

The door burst open, Jett storming in, "James!" He cried. "Have you seen the new guy? He's gorgeous! We have to get rid of him."

Emily stepped out in front of James, turning to him as she backed up with Logan and Carlos to head into the studio, "No, no. You need some perspective, and to not listen to Jett."

Logan nodded, "Good luck!" 

***

The three entered the studio, Gustavo and Kelly waiting in annoyance, explaining their morning with Griffin. 

"He wants you to what?" Emily repeated, thinking she must have heard them wrong. 

"Kidnap him," Kelly repeated, rolling her eyes. 

"So Griffin wants to be kidnapped to prepare for his worst CEO scenario," Logan clarified. 

"He said I could hire anyone," Gustavo told them. "And I immediately thought of you three."

"We're the first people you saw," Emily pointed out, fully aware of how Gustavo's mind operates. "I don't need to be here then, right?" She asked, backing out of the studio as Kelly shook her head, shooing her away. 

"You don't want to help us attack Griffin?" Carlos wondered as she walked off. 

"I'd rather admit to James I think the new guy is attractive."