2.23; contest

Big Time Rush... on time?

It had never been heard of. And if it did happen, it's only because it was on accident, the guys were hiding out in the studio after breaking something, or because they weren't called in at all.

The band got their first appearance on teen magazine, Pop Tiger, offering a win a date contest. 

So when Emily saw the guys arrive when they were told to, she much more than surprised.

They skated in with rollerblades in their hockey jerseys and carrying sticks, having just played street hockey, no doubt. 

"Here we are," Kendall shouted, flying down the hallway. 

"Right on time," the guys smirked, skating to a stop in front of an astonished Emily as Gustavo and Kelly both ran in, gaping. 

"BTR on time?" Kelly mumbled. "You guys have never done this before."

"Well, it's amazing how much you can get done when you've swore off dating girls," Kendall said.

Emily narrowed her eyes, just hearing of this new plan for the first time, "You've swore off dating girls?"

"Well, they just end up moving to New Zealand on you!"

Logan shrugged, stressed, "And then your on again, off again is on again, then off again. It's exhausting."

"You realize that's the entire concept of an on again, off again, right?" Emily questioned.

"Well, since I've sworn off my fickle dating habits," James smiled, "my IQ has gone up 20 points." Emily turned her head, raising her eyebrows at the boy. "Go ahead, ask me anything."

Kelly shrugged, "Okay, who was the first-"

"Alexander Hamilton."

Emily slowly turned to Kelly who froze in shock, slowly nodding he was correct. 

"With the time we save by not chasing girls, we've increased our hockey playing 79% and decreased our showering 98%," Carlos cheered.

Horrified, "Please increase your showering," Emily pleaded.

"Yup, it's official," Kendall grinned. "Big Time Rush is never going on a date again."

"So, what's the big news?" Logan asked.

Emily turned to Gustavo, amusingly pursing her lips as he told them the irony of the situation. "You finally made it on the cover of Pop Tiger magazine," he told them, showing the page.

Kelly pointed down to their circle, "With their 'win a date with Big Time Rush' contest!"

The guys leaned forward, horrified. Carlos gasped, swiping the magazine from Gustavo as he threw himself on the arm of the couch, his friends stressfully tripping over their sticks to get a look at the article. 

"Win a date with Big Time Rush," Carlos read. 

Logan took the magazine, "Spend a day with the boys of BTR at the famous Palm Woods."

James leaned over, holding it in front of himself, "And wrap up your date with a big-time party in the very studio the guys record their hits."

"But, Gustavo, we've sworn off dating!" Kendall cried.

"Mm, yeah," Gustavo thought. "No you haven't!"

"Guys, these aren't real dates," Emily reminded them. "You're just spending a day with one of your fans."