4.01; invasion

Big Time Rush wasn't the only boy band playing on radio stations. They weren't the only boy band in America. They weren't even the only boy band to come from Rocque Records. 

Still, Gustavo Rocque couldn't handle the new wave of British boy bands he had to compete with. Not to mention the stress of recording the third album. 

As the boys, mid-spitball fight, crashed into his office, they discovered the reality of the "invasion," just as panicked as their producer. 

Ever since the trial, Emily had taken more time off and time to herself. She'd been in her apartment for a week working on new songs for the album. The boys barged in every now and then to recount their hourly shenanigans, pester her about the album, and interrupt her and James' time alone together. 

Eyes closed, Emily sat on her kitchen counter, legs crossed, listening to her favorite BTR songs for inspiration for the song she promised Gustavo in return for taking the week off. 

"Yes, I may meet a million girls who know my name," Emily sang along, hearing the music through her headphones. "But don't you worry-"

The music was cut off. Opening her eyes to resume the song on her phone, "'Cause you have my heart," James sang, finishing the song for her. 

Startled to see four guys in her locked apartment, the girl jumped, slipping off the back of the counter, her torso hanging back. Emily grumbled, throwing the headphones off her ears, grabbing James' arms to pull herself up. 

"What are you doing here?" She snapped, looking at the four in irritation. 

Kendall smiled smugly, "You working on a new song?" 

Ignoring Kendall, Emily looked to see they had indeed entered through the front door which she had locked. "How did you get in?"

"You gave us copies," Logan reminded her, him, Kendall, and Carlos holding up a small gold key each. 

"Uh, no. I gave James a copy," Emily corrected, looking to her boyfriend who grimaced in guilt. 

"Yeah, they have copies of my copy," he admitted. 

Emily pressed her hands onto the sides of her forehead, exasperatingly sighing. "Why are you here?" She repeated. "This week I get alone time until 12, work time until 3, then you're allowed to bother me unless it's about work or my personal life," she pointed out. 

"We're being invaded!" Carlos cried, holding up his spitball straw cautiously. 

Emily creased her eyebrows, looking to Logan for confirmation who halfheartedly shrugged. 

"The British are coming!" Carlos screamed, jumping onto James who Emily noticed was also panicking over the alleged invasion. 

"Don't you watch the news?" James gasped. 

Kendall interrupted, explaining, "It's not a real invasion," he told his friends. "They're freaking out over the new wave of British boy bands."

The girl rolled her eyes, "Guys, there's always other artists, who cares about a few more?" 

James gasped, "Does Big Time Rush mean nothing anymore?" 

"You promised no dramatics this week."

Logan crossed his arms, glancing to Kendall, nodding that they needed to leave and talk without Emily around. "We can take care of this, Em," Logan assured her, grabbing Carlos' arm, dragging the paranoid boy out. 

"You just focus on that new song," Kendall smiled, eagerly waiting to hear the band's newest track on the album. "James, time to go."

He turned to Emily who stared bored at him, nodding to the door, "Out." She said. James groaned, slumping out the door with his spitball straw high in the air, Kendall shutting the door as they exited.