1.04; bad boy

Rollin' past graffiti walls

Billboards lightin' up the block

Everyone of us on a mission

Gustavo had written Big Time Rush's next hit, "City is Ours." 

Emily and Kelly, danced along in their seats in the studio watching the guy perform it for the first time through the glass. 

Kendall sang out the last note, finishing the song. Logan threw his hands up with adrenaline, smacking Carlos in the face. 

As Emily and Gustavo got up to go in and talk with the boys, she had trouble not laughing at Logan's clumsiness. 

As they entered, Kendall smiled big, maybe the biggest towards Gustavo ever, "Gustavo, the song is great." 

"Of course it's great," Gustavo replied, obvious, "I wrote it." Emily and Kelly shared an annoyed look. "But the band isn't great. What's missing is the secret Rock N' Rock ingredient," he told the boys, walking down the line to Logan. 

"Hair mousse?" 

"Chocolate mousse?" 

"Spandex? Please don't say spandex."

Gustavo put his arm around Logan, who silently prayed it wasn't spandex, "The bad boy! The ill-tempered rebel with a flare for synchronized dance." He walked behind the boys, defining the bad boy of the band, each of the excited, and hoping to be picked. "One of you has to be it. I say it's Kendall." 

The one boy who didn't care or want anything to do with it looked on in distasteful surprise, as his friends gaped with envy. 

"Gustavo, why do we need a bad boy?" Kendall questioned. 

Rolling her eyes, Emily pulled up her phone, playing Griffin's voicemail loudly for everyone to hear, "Gustavo, the band needs a bad boy. Bye." 

"He's driving me crazy!" Gustavo shouted, taking off his sunglasses. "But he's also right. Because the bad boy is a rock n' roll tradition." 

The team of three led the band into the hallway of the studio to point out each bad boy on the walls. 

Stopping at the Boyquake poster, Gustavo outlined one member's back, which was turned to face the other members, "Notice, the back turned to the rest of the band." 

"Bad boy," Emily told the boys. 

Next, Boy Blast. Gustavo repeated his actions on the next bad boy member of this band, "Notice, the band turned, the dark clothing, and the scowl." 

"Bad boy," She cheerfully said again. 

"But," Kelly interrupted, "There can only be one bad boy per group, as we learned from the Bad Boys experiment of '95." 

She took down the Boy Blast posted to reveal another one titled Bad Boyz, all the members' backs facing the camera. 

"Didn't sell a single CD," Gustavo complained. 

"But we're best friends. We never turn our backs on each other," Kendall told them, the rest of the boys nodding in agreement. 

"Let us tell you another rock n' roll secret," Emily told him, Gustavo and Kelly smirking at what was about to happen. "The bad boy is the most popular, wealthiest, and dates the hottest models," She told the boys, a tight smile, knowing they were about to fight over who the bad boy was. 

As predicted, Logan, Carlos, and James all started talking over one another, trying to prove they were the most fit to be the bad boy. 

Gustavo told them to go home for the day, specifically sending Emily on a bad boy quest.